1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Spice of Life: Hobbies? What's a Hobby?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SirJoseph, Oct 4, 2014.

1. SirJoseph

SirJoseph Fapstronaut

Hey everyone! How's it going?

So, I am usually a pretty busy guy. However, despite my busyness I feel that I am lacking flavour in my life right now. I mean there are a lot of hobbies I either used to have that I have lost (some have been lost due to PMO) and there are lots of things in my spare time I would like to learn how to do. But it is very hard to make time for any of these hobbies on a day to day basis.

However, when I do have some free time or down time it seems as though I have no interest in those things and just want to 'loaf' about.

Does anyone have any advice on the subject or is there anyone out there who has/is going through the same thing? Perhaps we can brain-storm a solution.

-RE

2. purity

purity Fapstronaut

SirJoseph I can't believe there have been no responses. Unless you are a high powered attorney or investment banker working like 70 hours a week I don't want to hear that you don't have time for hobbies! How many hours a week do you actually work? Do you have a family to take care of? What is all this busyness you speak of? Are you a graduate student and also working?

Anyways I like to kayak, never been in water as extreme as in the video below, but I want to! lol and I usually find time to go on a lazy Sunday.

Let's brainstorm!

[video=youtube;hi_DS4mmYMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi_DS4mmYMM[/video]

3. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Start small. Pick something you like and do it every day. It takes 21 days to "create" a habit. That's a baby habit that needs nurturing. It takes longer to stick to that habit and make it a hobby. I'm like you and loaf around. Start small.

4. Nein

Nein Fapstronaut

Im really unmotivated. I lack energy. My weekend has consisted of laying the fuck around, eating fruit, being on my phone in bed. I spent an hour on Rosetta Stone yesterday. I havent left my room all weekend.

I havent fapped today. So that's something.

Islanders190 likes this.
  5. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Ah I see. Well then exercise. TRUST me shit will give you more energy. I am pretty much like you, barely getting to a week of 20 pushups a day. It is enough to give me a little boost. Find your exercise simple routine and build it up.

6. Finalfight123

Finalfight123 Fapstronaut

Working out. rock climbing , shooting, building models, fixing and making cars dirt bikes mountain biking, hiking, bowling just try to find some. You know what you want. Just have to go out there and find it.