1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

MO after almost-sex with SO

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by NYJ77, Aug 13, 2018.

1. NYJ77

NYJ77 Fapstronaut

I have a question. I started my first NoFap PMO challenge two days ago. Yesterday, my girlfriend came over to my place, and we ended up doing heavy petting. Just as we were about to have sex, her phone rang, and she had to leave without us finishing. Normally, I would have just MO'd, but in light of the challenge, I wasn't sure how to deal with the situation. What's your opinion? Does MO after unfinished sex constitute a relapse?

2. What you're actually asking is for someone to tell you that MO isn't really MO. But, that isn't likely to happen because it is what it is. Unfinished sex doesn't change it. You could've waited until you were with your gf again because no one dies from not having O, even if you expected to. So, just get back on the wagon and don't look for justification for your slip.

Deleted Account and EyesWideOpen like this.
  3. NYJ77

NYJ77 Fapstronaut

I agree - "blue balls", to me, is a myth. Good thing I didn't slip then ;)

4. Save up that energy for next time. You can do it.

5. NYJ77

NYJ77 Fapstronaut

THX Freddiefox, this is way harder than I thought! Especially, since I suddenly start thinking of all these things I could do that would likely lead to at least MO around like 10 corners ^^ Thanks for your support!

6. Any time. We're all in this together.

7. 8/2

8/2 Fapstronaut

Yeah. It counts.

I've been battling PIED and recently didn't finish during sex with my wife because I went soft. I tried to rationalize MO because my "balls felt swollen" but managed to not PMO or MO until the next time I was with my wife. The next time was way better and my O felt amazing and I wasn't crippled by PIED after 12 days of NoFap and with 10 more days before that with one relapse.

My first relapse in recovery was a night I didn't finish during sex because I'd trained my brain to think if I got aroused but didn't finish I need to PMO to "release." It was just more BS rationalizing my addiction on my part.

Just save it for the next time you're with your SO. It'll be much more gratifying in the end.

hope4healing likes this.
  8. TheManDude

TheManDude Fapstronaut

Tough break man, but yeah it definitely counts as a relapse good thing you manage to avoid it but it must have been hard (no pun intended).

Don't give up dude!

9. Agree...

Just call it what it is and get back to it. Own it. Be courageous. Use it as a learning experience. Keep going.
    You should be proud that you want to make changes to improve yourself.

hope4healing likes this.
  10. ILoathePwife

ILoathePwife Fapstronaut

It's not a myth. It happened to my husband when we were practicing karezza and it was very painful. But it's not an excuse to MO. A cold cloth, cold shower or other techniques can help. Eventually he built up tolerance and we practiced karezza, sex without O, for more than 90 days with no pain and many benefits for both of us. It's a way to be intimate and still do a hard mode reboot.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  11. NYJ77

NYJ77 Fapstronaut

Thank you for all your replies and your encouragement! I guess that matter is settled ;) It’s also always helpful to hear how someone of the opposite sex experiences the situation. My girlfriend has been extremely patient so far, which only highlights how otherworldly the image P conveys is. When it comes down to it, as frustrating as the situation is, she cares more for me than for our sex life, which in turn motivates me to get over my addictive behavior.