1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Accountability

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Acky31, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Love it or hate it, accountability software is the only way (at the moment) me and my wife can have any semblance of trust.

However we use hoverwatch, and it seems to be quite temperamental, so, does anybody else use accountability software, and do you find it works reliably and does it help you regain a little bit of trust?

Cheers guys!

2. We use EA and it has worked well. Anything to help my wife heal and from the damage I had done is worth it.

Acky31 likes this.
  3. Tan3110

Tan3110 Fapstronaut

Has either of you had an issue with it only showing the latest 6 hours of a day and deleting the rest that was before it

4. Accountable2You works well, too. I haven't had any problems with it.

Acky31 and Kenzi like this.
  5. Rock_Star

Rock_Star Fapstronaut

I'm a big fan of ever accountable. it doesn't restrict any website that you look at. it just sends a report to your SO showing what you've looked at. It's nice knowing that kenzi can see everything I'm doing. it makes it easy to be transparent, that way I dont have to remember everything I did and if she see something that she thinks is questionable she can ask and we can talk about it. I know I'm forgetful and my forgetfulness sometimes feels like to her I'm not being transparent with my actions. so it helps a lot with that.

Acky31 and Tan3110 like this.
  6. We’ve been using Qustodio for a while now and it has worked well for us in addition to things like regularly reviewing bank transations and having a rule for him not to carry cash (or go to an ATM, backed up by the bank statements).

You probably already know this but I’ll say it anyway: accountability can be more than accountability software. The more accountability you offer and really stick to the more she will have an environment in which it feels safe to begin relationship-recovery. And it should be said that this is not a process where the more accountability you have the more the trust-meter will fill up at some given rate like a video game, you know? This is about creating a safe environment for the actual work to be done. So remember to do the actual work too in conjunction :) safe environment + personal recovery (for each individual) + relationship recovery = path to healing, the way I see it.

7. Acky31

Acky31 Fapstronaut

Thanks guys, for the suggestions and the advice.

We have downloaded ever accountable as a trial, and we'll see how that works, but so far so good.

Kenzi likes this.