1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

So what do you do when you don't get a lot of physical touch?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, Aug 9, 2018.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

Touch is my biggest love language but the problem is that I never really get any. I'm not talking about sexual just normal casual touch. I mean I have 3 cats and parents that I can get hugs from but, I need to the touch of a woman too. I mean at church at every week you see people hugging each other casually, but for some reason I never really get any. It's probably been over a year and half since I got a real hug outside of family. There was this one time last year when I got a hug, but it was awkward and she didn't really enjoy that. Which is a problem because I like touch, and can't get enough of it, but I also can't really get touching in my life.

https://blog.christianconnection.com/the-gentle-touch-why-physical-affection-matters/

2. Well, go up and give a hug to those that you see hugging others. It's a no brainer really.

3. Nightbynight

Nightbynight Fapstronaut

Maybe touch your self? Oh wait, pobably not the best thing to say on nofap..

Hmm second what you said though, I remember a Ted talk where touch was discussed as an actual human need like water or sleep. And a womens touch especialy can validate you, otherwise you find yourself feeling like your missing something substantial, which it is.

Maybe try speed dating or something though? Just to get that dose of feminine energy.

4. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

Anyway, I think I'm better at understanding people through touch than body language. I used to be able to get hugs and when I did I could tell when the girl was actually into the hug and she was just doing it be nice. Like said that one from last year that I don't really count because she wasn't really into it. Now that I think about the last time times I tried to get a hug I've gotten rejected that's probably I have been trying lately. But still I can tell when people are into physical touch and when they aren't, and some of my best memories are getting physical touch the other person was into it.

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.
  5. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

There is a huge difference between polite hugs and enthusiastic hugs! My primary love language is physical touch, and the difference is night and day, particularly if their primary love language is physical touch, too.

6. LilD

LilD Fapstronaut

The only place I can hug someone are Narcotics Anonymous meetings I am visiting. No hugs in my family. I had a girlfriend recently and I felt like I haven't hugged her enough. I know how you feel .

7. nef

nef Fapstronaut

seeing whole world with relationships and i'm totally out of league is bit painful but thats how it goes

8. Target365

Target365 Fapstronaut

Don't let it become your weakness brother. Appreciate this quality of yours that you are more sensitive to touch. Don't think too much about it. Focus on improving your self where you think you lack. Keep yourself busy.

Hitto likes this.
  9. izdwuut

izdwuut Fapstronaut

I think that it leads me to crying quite a lot. Thankfully I drink like a gallon of water daily, so I constantly recharge my tear ducts.

SomeRandomNatty and HereAndThere like this.
  10. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

I think i watched it. They mentioned some Romanian orphans being scarred for life cause they didnt get physical contact while being institutionalized. It was disturbing af to hear that cause i am in the same boat as the rest of you guys.

Nightbynight likes this.