1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for travel movies...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Anti-ordinary

Anti-ordinary Fapstronaut

People watch the new Mission Impossible movie. Its very intense and keeps you interested from the beginning until the end. I would say its the best Mission Impossible out of them all.

2. I heard so too, and the reviews for it were also mostly mixed. I never really understand why some people are so critical when judging a movie based on the plot only, as long as there's some kind of substance or message to a movie, I don't really care if a movie's plot is shallow or pretentious or badly executed. Film is mainly a visual medium, if I want a deep, intelligent, multidimensional story and characters, I can read a book. (I think The Beach was based on a book on a side note) If a movie is able to pull off both, that's awesome, but I will still give more credit (depending on the genre) to visuals/soundtrack and the atmosphere a movie creates than just the storytelling itself. I still felt like the directing and cinematography of The Beach was very well done and although some parts of the story were a bit questionable (
    for example when Richard goes batshit-crazy towards the end, or the love triangle
    ) I was still able to learn something from the movie, that no matter how far you travel to escape your life and problems at home, no matter how perfect your new life seems from the outside, your problems are going to follow you, because a life without problems is just an illusion.

3. Agreed, it was awesome.

4. Sounds good, thanks

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I just watched 'Tracks' with mia wasikowska yesterday. It's an unusual movie documenting a girl who decides to trek into the outback of Australia with her camels and dog. Along the way she remembers bits and bobs about her past. Nothing spectacular, but worth a watch.

6. Into the Wild of course but you probably know this already

7. Neveragain27

Neveragain27 Fapstronaut

B
    Best movie ever made!

8. Trevelyan357

Trevelyan357 Fapstronaut

Six Days Seven Nights with Harrison Ford. Pretty funny movie overall. Warning though: there are a couple of scenes in it that may be triggering to some.

9. I used to watch that everyday when i was a kid :)

10. Trancespotter

Trancespotter Fapstronaut

That was good, when I was a kid at least.

AngelofDarkness likes this.
  11. Trancespotter

National Lampoon Vacations.

12. Trancespotter