1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a New Job, need to decide, Abstaining from P

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by determined488, Aug 18, 2018.

1. determined488

determined488 Fapstronaut

Hey guys so I recently got a new job from previously being out of work for a good 8 months or so, and even though this new job has me working around mainly guys (I'm a guy as well) (and straight), I've felt a much reduced urge to view P. I have still been MO'ing about once a day to the thoughts of real girls I know. Also in a past few threads I've posted, I realized how misogynistic I had become. Now I've learn to let things go especially being worried about what other people are doing with their lives and girls that are sleeping around with multiple guys. I've realized that it is okay to let myself be who I am and it's taken a lot of stress off of me.

However, the new problem I've encountered which is a better problem to have than PMO, is that this new job requires me to work an insane amount of hours a week, leaving me with minimal time to do and enjoy the things I love on my own time. This new job is in sales and in an industry I like, but the position and hours are not accountable enough to justify my pay. And I don't get my first paycheck for at least another month. I've been looking into the nightlife business working in a club or lounge in my city, but I'm feeling quite nervous about taking a risk and breaking my family cycle of tradition. On one hand my current job offers me security of a pay plan and the comfort of convenience. And on the other hand a nightlife job offers me the adventure of stepping into the unknown and will naturally motivate me to do better for myself with exercise and social skills, as I will be around more girls in a social setting. What do I do? All suggestions are welcome.

2. In my opinion, you should stay in your current job. I believe when you receive your first paycheck, you gonna feel better. I don't know how are the opportunities there in USA, but I wouldn't dare to change a job so soon here in my country (or not at all).

3. determined488

Well I have a friend that can hook me up with a job in night life, and I work less hours doing that. The reason I want to work less hours is so I can work on building a business in my spare time to travel the world with. I know nofap is working for me because I've had no urge to watch P for the past week at all. I believe if I journal my thoughts and feelings I can work out a solution.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. determined488

Hey man, just a quick update. I actually did get my first paycheck, and even though I'm working on building my lifestyle, it really does not make me feel any better. I really should go into nightlife because thats where I know I can meet more people in general and get better with girls.

5. Then you should pursue that job on night club. With the free time you will get there, you can do more personal things. Go ahead and good luck man! :)

determined488 likes this.