1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hobby Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by nicetrybrain, Aug 19, 2018.

1. nicetrybrain

nicetrybrain Fapstronaut

Elliot Hulse is good, learned a lot about lifting from him. I am definitely going to try youtube when I start university since I'll have more time; in terms of editing I'm actually proficient with sony vegas/after effects because of some videos I made/added effects to a few years back as a joke so that won't be a problem. I would love to get better at fl studio since just like you I'd like to use my own background tracks/jingles since a lot of free music sucks. Definitely going to use some of these ideas, thank you very much.

2. Bigguy4u

Bigguy4u Fapstronaut

Guns and lockpicking are fun.

3. Becoming Jasmine

Becoming Jasmine Fapstronaut

I most certainly agree!

There’s something so satisfying when you finally get the last pin in a lock, and open it up.

And guns are cool too. I absolutely love target shooting. So satisfying to feel the recoil as you fire a rifle. Also, this may seem weird, but I just like the smell of gun smoke. It’s just so distinct and intense at times. Really reminds you of the power in the thing you’re holding.

Maltheal likes this.
  4. Bigguy4u

Bigguy4u Fapstronaut

Aye, I like the smell of caustic gun cleaning solutions filling my nostrils in a poorly ventilated room.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Powerous

Powerous Fapstronaut

Gym/Exercise
    Team sports like football/soccer
    Meditation
    Reading a good book
    Going out with friends
    Going to park
    or just sleep early lol

nicetrybrain likes this.
  6. Anti-ordinary

Anti-ordinary Fapstronaut

I would recommend to read books on self-development. Strongly consider these: "10X rule" by Grant Cardone, "Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike" by Phil Knight and "My Unbelievable True Story" by Arnold Schwarzenegger. These are just some great books on motivation and self-development. Give it a go :)

ReadyToStop likes this.
  7. nicetrybrain

nicetrybrain Fapstronaut

been looking for some more self-dev books, I'll definitely try some of these. Thanks

Anti-ordinary likes this.
  8. ReadyToStop

ReadyToStop Fapstronaut

9. Colvin

Colvin Fapstronaut

10. nicetrybrain

nicetrybrain Fapstronaut

currently do

11. nicetrybrain

nicetrybrain Fapstronaut

This might be something, although I don't see myself being the kind of person to get into a contact sport

12. Mfsx4dm2

Mfsx4dm2 Fapstronaut

Maybe start by offering your services for free. If you’re in America (I’m not) I’m guessing you’ll probably pick up a bunch of tips anyway.

You could write a generic email and send it around to a load of restaurants or go in and ask face to face or make some phone calls.

I imagine there’s also jobs advertised on Craigslist (US), Gumtree (UK) or their equivalents wherever you are.

Also, make use of your network. Ask around. Post it on Facebook or LinkedIn, someone local to you may know of an opportunity.

13. MrLoner

MrLoner Fapstronaut

Start salsa dancing. It is fun and physical so you will feel good. But also it is very social you will meet a lot of new people

14. If you're into learning stuff, check out Khan Academy. It is a site where you can study a lot of stuff including mathematics, electronics, coding, history, biology just to name a few. And it is completely free. It runs on donations i think, but there's no annoying ads or stuff like that.

From the exercises i would recommend yoga or martial arts, since these train your mind as well as your body, and they give different kind of workout than lifting does.

Also you mentioned thinking about animation or something? Well, if you're interested in 3d animation, then i recommend Blender to you, which is a free 3d-software. You can do animation, modelling/scultping, and you can even do a game with it. It also has a wonderful user community, meaning that there's tons of free tutorials and generally the community is very helpful. So learning it becomes astonishingly cheap.

From reading i recommend books about neurology. For me it's interesting, but not only that, it is useful as well. Neurology gives you ideas on how to use brain's plasticity to benefit you. I am currently reading a book from Norman Doidge, "The Brain That Changes Itself". There's amazing stories about how people have got better from seemingly overwhelming adversities. The book also explains how the brain does so, but it's all in a understandable form, so don't worry if you don't know all the tedious terminology!

15. create a business that you love.

16. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

Lock picking that seems so interesting
    How do I start learning it?
    Any suggestions or recommendations?

17. GREGOR hulse

GREGOR hulse Fapstronaut

18. GREGOR hulse

GREGOR hulse Fapstronaut

+ you can just move look up
    Movenat on youtube