1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lasik Operation

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BlueEye, Jun 19, 2018.

1. BlueEye

BlueEye Fapstronaut

Does anyone here had a lasik operation ? What was your vision ? What is your vision now ? Is it worth it ?

Thank you

2. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

my brother did. now he can't see stars... his morning vision is great though!

3. BlueEye

BlueEye Fapstronaut

Can't see star because it is blured or black ?

4. I had it done 10 years ago, and it was life changing. I went from horribly near-sighted to 20/20.

Lions and BlueEye like this.
  5. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

Ever been in a room that's pitched black where you couldn't see your own hand in front of you? it's something like that.

BlueEye likes this.
  6. Yeah I definitely would recommend that anyone interested in it do their research and talk to a doctor before deciding. There's risk involved, as with all surgery.

BlueEye likes this.
  7. BlueEye

BlueEye Fapstronaut

Okay thank you, guess I'm going to make it done

8. BlueEye

BlueEye Fapstronaut

So, I had lasik one month ago.

It hurted like hell, I Don't know why, it was supposed to be painless.. I also had some pain after the operation but it was okay. The next day I was able to see but it was blurry. Now, it has been one month and I can see well, I think that I can almost see like I was wearing contact lens but not as perfect.

At first I was like "meh", I could not see well on my computer (as a computer engineer..), now I think that it was Worth it and it keeps improving !

I Don't know if I could recommend this operation, yet, I'm on a 40-60 (not sure - sure) opinion about lasik.

Edit : I can see stars !

u376, Bman101 and Deleted Account like this.
  9. You're brave, I could never go through with that kind of operation even if there were no risks involved. I hate wearing glasses and even when I have enough for contacts it'll be better but still a pain, I hope down the road they create a better, faster and easier method to correct eye problems/damage.

It can be a hit or miss depending on if it went successfully and what kind of problem you have with your eyes, I'm glad it seems to be working out for you! Hopefully it'll get to where you want it to be, but it sounds like it's improving which is a good sign so far.

Best of luck mate.

10. HarveyManfrengensen

HarveyManfrengensen Fapstronaut

Lasik was the best money I ever spent in my life. I could see so much clearer immediately after the surgery. After a couple days I was seeing better than 20/20. I have had zero negative effects.

11. jacobswitcher

jacobswitcher New Fapstronaut

Hmmm, I've never done the laser operation because I think it's better to wear glasses or contact lenses. Because the risks of this surgery are very high. The best way to see better and to look cool is to wear some contacts. In my case, I wear geo blue tricolored contact lenses because this is really awesome when you look in the mirror and you see another person because the colour of your eyes changed. I'm not a big fan of cosplay or Halloween, or other parties like that, but I do like to wear coloured contacts because you can change the colour of your eyes and it changes your whole look.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    AbigailRobertsone likes this.