1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Underwear???

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by C6113, Nov 4, 2014.

1. C6113

C6113 Fapstronaut

I was curious if the style underwear worn increases the urge to MO. I read guys who stop MO turn to briefs to keep things below "locked down" I guess. Just wanted to see what others thought. I prefer boxer briefs but would try briefs or anything if it helps with this journey.

Thanks
    C6113

2. VanillaMochi

VanillaMochi Fapstronaut

I wear boxers, briefs, and spandex when I feel like being a super hero. I haven't noticed a difference with anyone being better than the other. I do sometimes sleep in pajamas though fully clothed so I'm less tempted to fap.

3. Dad

Dad Fapstronaut

Seriously
    I'm circumcised and average to large in size. If I don't have things held in place, I'm constantly getting stroked by whatever loose clothing Im wearing. It can be quite distracting.
    I wear briefs. In bed as well.

4. Indeed, I prefer briefs as well, I do not like my things to roll over all the time. But I go for more relaxed size, I am size M and I wear size XXL, since too much pressure is unhealthy and it can actually make you think about it even more.

5. themreman

themreman Fapstronaut

For me, I really dislike the feeling of constriction from wearing briefs, so I've been sticking with what I'm comfortable with. I think being uncomfortable down there would result in constantly being aware of it and so it probably wouldn't help to keep the mind off things.

If you do decide to try a switch, I hope you'll let us know if it's helping.

6. I don't think wearing boxers makes me want to MO but, hope you figure out whats best for you

7. keno728

keno728 Fapstronaut

I think, if you're usually wearing briefs then switch to boxer/boxer-briefs, you'll eventually get arouse and vice versa. in my case, I usually wears BB for daily activity and only PJ shorts for bed, if I wear briefs, I'll get a "funny" feeling down there because of the briefs tightness. hope it help.

8. IGY

IGY Guest

I don't like any constriction in bed, so I don't wear anything. But I wear briefs when I am out and about (you'll be pleased to know, lol) :D

9. purity

purity Fapstronaut

I never focused on changing what I wore down there to aid in this quest.

However the one thing I have noticed is this: I can only sleep with very thin blankets on, and during the summer with no blankets, or else the morning wood or nighttime erections in the summer are too uncomfortable. Also if I sleep naked in the summer sometimes my package is too free to move around and I feel more prone to getting an erection in the middle of the night which might cause a wetdream, so I usually wear slack pajamas, real light cotton material and smooth, or silky, I hate flannel. Boxers are usually too spandexy to wear to sleep for me, I don't like feeling the constraint around my waist in bed.

I usually wear boxers or BB's. Never wore straight briefs, too much elastic for me, I can deal with spandex BB's, but straight briefs feel like they ride your groin, not a fan.

10. Ramy

Ramy Fapstronaut

Yes that's totally true and works for me, you don't have enough space and it's too tight to enjoy the demonic habit, try it sometimes.

11. ywt

ywt Fapstronaut

I wear boxer briefs to work, but for sleep and working out I go with briefs or even spandex-based underwear. Keeping things in place definitely limits my urges, and the spandex provides a layer that I don't feel the fabric of the sheets through, or even my hand (at least not as much) if it wanders down there when I'm sleeping.

Everyone's different though. Might be worth an experiment to see if different styles/materials help you.

12. Whatever

Whatever Fapstronaut

Loose underwear is better because it allows the air to circulate thus maintain a cooler temperature. A high temp in the testicles destroys sperm cells and reduces T production.

13. purity

purity Fapstronaut

Lol Whatever, never knew high heat wasn't good for the double jumbo marbles!

14. Whatever

Whatever Fapstronaut

Yeah, it's interesting how finely connected we are with the environment. Even the temperature changes our biochemical processes.