1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion about freemasonry?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Flowy, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Flowy

Flowy Fapstronaut

Do any of you guys know well what is it? Is there any mason or ex-mason who can talk me about it?
    Since I cannot find good, reliable information anywhere I was thinking about joining them and see what they do in first person. Do you think it's a good idea?

No comments about crazy conspiracy theorys

2. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

I had an ancestor who was head of a masonic lodge.

The freemasons are a fraternal social group usually comprised of low-level businessmen with strong ties to their local communities. They make charity contributions and do community work. It started at the end of the middle ages in England with the emergence of the yeoman class (non-nobles that owned land) and wealthy tradesmen.

You have to be descended from a member or be recommended by a current member to join. It has a good reputation so if you are motivated enough, give it a go.

The stonecutter episode of The Simpsons actually explains it quite well.

Brain-Police and Flowy like this.
  3. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

My father and other members of the family are in it. Haven't bothered to question him about it or look into the organization. I did hear that some rituals could be considered hazing. Here's an article outlying why it's not hazing. My thoughts are that the organization is largely harmless, but like large organization, there will always be bad apples. It would not surprise me one bit that there are a handful taking advantage of the larger group.

Flowy likes this.
  4. James Jones

James Jones Fapstronaut

Which part of "No comments about crazy conspiracy theorys" did you fail to understand? :eek: :confused:

5. James Jones

James Jones Fapstronaut

OK, so you didn't understand the words, "No comments". Thanks for identifying that.

6. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

It's an organisation of well-connected people with considerable resources and influence. All groups like these attract conspiracy theories.

7. EXPONENTIALLY

EXPONENTIALLY Fapstronaut

Geometry & Astrology are the great intellectual values of Freemasonry, but are Freemasons trust-worthy?

"Speed of the globe’s orbit: 66.600mph"
    "Curvature in one mile squared: 666ft"
    "The earth is on a 66.6 tilt."
    "Earth's axis of rotation and its plane of orbit around the Sun: 66.6 degree"
    "The polar circles are located near the poles of the Earth, at 66.6° N and S latitude."

Can I say Satanism ?

Hitto likes this.
  8. Flowy

Flowy Fapstronaut

No you can't. Unless you say where did you get this quotes.

9. EXPONENTIALLY

That is the conventional numerology taken from spherical earth figures, fed by 'conventional' schools / colleges... Btw, the Bible Earth isn't spherical.

10. Flowy

Flowy Fapstronaut

11. Flowy

Flowy Fapstronaut

So you belive in the flat earth?

12. EXPONENTIALLY

My personal view of the Earth is of a circle of ground and water limited by the Antarctica wall, with the sun and moon rotating above with their respective cycles and light, and above it stars and galaxies, in a closed system under a pyramidal dome with heavenly riddles to the 4 corners (of Antarctica land);

why a pyramid? because a pyramid seen from exactly above has the shape of a square with its diagonals, which is the geometrical figure "4" geometrically attributed to Earth, "1-2-3" being geometrically attributed to man (1=head as a circle; 2=neck + chest + arms as 2 crossed lines; 3=legs + ground as a triangle).

13. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I'm interested too, but to be fair, asking about this stuff could possibly generate conspiracy theory discussion/debate, and send this thread in a direction that the OP doesn't want it to go.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

15. My Mum claims that Freemason meetings caused her to out of body experiences. She may have imagined it but she swears it happened. Her view is that Freemasons are Satanic. I don't always agree with her and I'm not sure about what she says but to her the experience was very real. Freemasons seem so secretive and from what I've heard their meetings are rather strange so I would never encourage anyone to join them. There's an episode on Unbelievable? where they talked to a Freemason that should be of interest to anyone thinking of joining.

16. If I remember correctly the Illuminati were competing with them and stole Freemason members. And this isn't a conspiracy theory, it's history... The Illuminati were a real historical group.

17. Flowy

Flowy Fapstronaut

And how do lunar eclipses, sunrises, sunsets, the rotation of the stars work in your idea?
    Man, I ended up discuting of "crazy conspiracy theory".:D

18. Flowy

Flowy Fapstronaut

From now on who want to speak about conspiracy theory should do it freely. I'm not gonna mind that thread so much anymore.

19. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

My husband’s family have Masonic history. I am not comfortable with it, in any way. Secret societies, by nature, attract the worst sort of people. My husband has no involvement.

I can see how being connected to a lodge could be good for one in the business/social sense. But the rituals and oaths disturb me. Satanic or not, they are not model human behaviors.

vxlccm, Hitto and Coffee Candy like this.
  20. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

Yeahhh. I realized that shortly after I posted, but didn't bother to delete or edit my post.
    I was trying to respect the guy's wishes, but that kind of went out the window.

Anywho… sweet. Let's do some conspiracy theorizing then, my friend ;D

Hitto and Deleted Account like this.