1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Socializing, Meeting Women, Want It But Seems Like A Waste Of Time

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Anyone else relate to this?

I know I should be more social but I’m so introverted and been so long living as a loner that being a lone wolf seems to be a “default setting” with me. I try to meet people, try to start conversations with women, or try to go to a socializing event and after a bit of awkwardness I say to myself, “F—- It, not worth it”.

Also I’d like to meet single women but I have this continual deep distrust of them. I’m back to avoiding all single women and most married ones. I have a handful of married female friends at work I talk to but that’s it. I’m back to avoiding those that I don’t know already.

I always feel like single women look at me with disgust. I’ve tried talking to single women but now I think, “Why bother. It’s a waste of time.”

I also feel that women today are out to destroy men after they get them hooked emotionally. So many divorces these days with wives taking the husbands to the cleaners and leaving him broke. With that going on I think even more, “Why bother?”

Just wondering if anyone else is going through the same thing?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I can relate to this. Am also a lone wolf that got used to being like that and from what I saw and learned, it feels like I have to make some moves that don't feel like my authenthic self would do, to talk to women you have to play "the romantic game" and I lost the energy to do so. Of course I look at them and feel attracted to them, but appearences nowadays aren't gonna make me change that. If I can resist PMO, I can resist a pretty face aswell. The "get to know women game" puts men in a position where they are going to be judged for everything they do or say, puts them in an inferior position of seeking approval, because we all know that in the end, women decide, we don't have much of a choice but to be in this vulnerable state. I see all that and think to myself: Is it really worth it? To put myself in this position? People nowadays are so different from one another that a bond that links sex + a great personality is rare, therefore I won't waste my energy pursuing that. In our lives we are always alone, we just can choose or not to realize that and I realized that friendship, who is in itself a relationship that is free from the chains of the romantic one, enlightens me much more because it is not filled with expectations. I'm done approaching women with second intentions, I don't need that, I look for a good conversation, if something else happens that may fit my interest I go for it, if not, I choose to move on with my own life.

Best wishes, brother!

HPE, FX-05 and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Thanks for the input. Best wishes to you as well.

FX-05 likes this.
  4. With that attitude you will be single unless you start to devolp a more balanced mindset. I know it easy to be NEGITIVE with women based on some of my past experiences, I in turn was very negative which in turn made me very defensive when around them always interpreting anything as negative and rejection . That attitude got me no were I was jumping to a negative assumption before I even got to know them or talk to them. Now I learned not to jump to those conclusions there are good women out there and there are bad women with the bad I move on from . Its easy to stay hurt it is freeing and creates more oppertunites not to jump to negative conclusions.

Hitto likes this.
  5. That is put very well. Yes my attitude is automatically defensive and I jump to negative conclusions without a word said.

You get 100 negative reactions and it’s easy to assume 101 is also going to be negative so I just quit, don’t bother anymore.

I would like to try again but for now I’ll just work on getting into a good routine of healthy habits.

Thanks for your input.

6. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

You can find all sorts of evidence to support and reinforce your beliefs about anything.

Just because you've experienced shitty people doesn't mean everyone is shitty.

Just because there's terrible divorces going on doesn't mean everyone has gone through a terrible divorce.

Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or my side bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.

It's up to you, but just make sure you're not sabotaging yourself out of fear.

7. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

I can totally relate. But, dude, you need to unf*ck your mind first.

We've been lied to all these years. (Just like the lie of PMO.)

Three resources that helped:
    1. "No More Rejection! The 8-Part Series for Dancers" [link]
    2. "The Man's Guide to Women: Scientifically Proven Secrets from the Love Lab About What Women Really Want" [link]
    3. "Mate: Become the Man Women Want" [link]
    I don't completely agree with everything they say, but it helps. It's up to you.

8. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

Hey, thanks for your post!
    Speaking just to your distrust of women, which I also have (must be linked to an abusive mother), three thoughts:
    (1) lovely, giving, generous, nurturing, forgiving, smart, loyal and supportive, yet sexy and/or attractive women really do exist! I know one or two and I'm in awe! But... though they may be hard to find..... we gotta look (at them, their friends and family) real well. Skin-deep doesn't cut it at all. I'm not big on traditional dating (too scripted for me), but to find a good woman we must get to know her well and need to look into her heart and mind (in that order).
    (b) secondly, we may wanna consider a woman from a country other than the US. Much of humanity lives in far less "me"-focused, more stable-family-oriented societies -- I have too -- and though there's good and bad everywhere (and in everyone) male-female relations are often less fraught with litigious, disposable-relationship, consumptive attitudes than statistics clearly show we often suffer through here in the US.
    Naturally, there are exceptions to be found everywhere, but we might do well to consider taking it slowly with a person we like who is also from a stable-marriage society.
    (c) Lastly, just as it "takes one to know one" (for instance, an honest person), so too do I believe that "it takes one to find one" (say, a loyal person), so the more we work on ourselves the easier it will be to find a good person who understands and appreciates us.
    Peace!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  9. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

You have to become who you want to attract and I have had the same feelings but now I’m tired of having that negative mindset accept yourself and your flaws and say fuck it anyway sympathize with women they are human just like you.

10. I can relate. The whole "default setting" is a good way to put it. I guess that when we get up there in age, it becomes almost impossible to come out of our own little world. I give you credit for at least putting yourself out there a little bit, even if it didn't work in your favor. I myself, haven't even bothered to get out and meet people in a long time. Just basically reliving the same day over and over.
    I sometimes have a hard time trusting women as well. It seems like with every couple I know, the woman wears the pants and I'm afraid that since I'm sort of a pushover, any relationship I get into is gonna result in me living a life dictated by someone else. I think I need to work on myself before I even go searching again for a partener.

Hitto and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

I have sensed what the OP is saying for a long time and my aim is to reject it. Either I can stay there forever or forever improve myself little by little.

12. Skywalker101

Skywalker101 Fapstronaut

When i was a teen, the whole lone wolf act used to make me feel really cool. Hell, i felt cool. But now i feel it was a mistake. I too find it hard to keep a conversation going.

13. eduardkoopman

eduardkoopman Fapstronaut

Kinda.
    First I wanted to be the casual type of man for women, the ones they have flings with. I could pull that off a little bit, to a small extend. I didn't find that (besides the sex) mostly not so enjoyable. As an introvert socializing and meeting up alot, isn't energizing for me.
    Then I wanted a good commited long term relationship. Where I was the provider type. That was enjoyable in some ways, and not in some others ways. Overall prety much equal to being single.

What now?
    I chose to live a single & no-dating/sex lifestyle the last 3 years.
    Because: I don't want children. I am just as happy single. I wanted to try sexual abstinance
    * Playing the provider/marriage/etc. role I don't want (where i see no point in because I don't want children (thus no need to support my child and the mother of my child)). Also the provider role as a man comes with high financial risks nowadays; where you ex-wife can take more then 50% of your possesions, and you have to pay alot of ex-partner alimony and also often it happens there has to be paid rediculous high amount of child-alimony.
    * Playing the, casual (non commited) sex partner role. I found the hassle not worth the sex in the past. Nowadays I sometimes consider, being willing to (try to) take on that role again maybe. But I notice I will only want to do that if i can pull it off with little effort/energy (so the reward and affort is in balance for me). I think I might give myself a timeperiod to experiment with this type of role again, and see if i like or hate it now.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018