1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on apologizing to (ex?) girlfriend

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Chris3000, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Chris3000

Chris3000 Fapstronaut

Long story short, I stopped appreciating my girlfriend. I stopped doing a lot of the things I did for her when we first started dating and she told me she just wanted to be friends- but I don’t want that at all.

After she told me this I was extremely sad for days thinking of how things wouldn’t be the same with my best friend. I thought a lot about what I wasn’t doing right and how I took her for granted and I’m positive things would be different if she gave me another chance, but she says that’s all talk and it’s not gonna change her mind.

Yesterday I left her favorite chocolates and a note apologizing and telling her I miss her on car. She texted me later saying that she got them and to thank me and that was that.

What else can I do? I genuinely don’t know what else to do. I’m just certain that if I got another chance I’d make her the happiest person in the world.

Also - we’ve barely been talking or seeing each other at all; we work together (barely) but it’s depressing for me to be around her when she doesn’t really want to talk or to act how she used to - as my girlfriend

2. Nothing! It was stupid to give her chocolates and make her a note. What are you trying to achieve with this nonsense? You are going to fail and if you somehow succeed you will end up breaking up eventually! And why on earth would you date someone you work with in the first place? You need to find a new job ASAP.

3. I concur with the note as to me, it's always better to tell someone your feelings in person, but why was the chocolates stupid?

He also said he barely works with her. It's not like it's The Office or anything.

4. Chris3000

Chris3000 Fapstronaut

The nonsense I’m trying to achieve is exactly what I stated in the post. I’m trying to find a new job constantly. And the dating thing just happened - I got to know her from working with her and she became my best friend

Nugget9 and Deleted Account like this.
  5. Unfortunately it doesnt seem to me that you can do anything else but move on. I'm sorry you're hurting :/ I've been there. It takes time, but it will get better, and if she doesnt want to be with you, then you deserve to be with somebody who does. So I think, now that you've said your piece, the best thing to do is to respect her decision and try to move on. Break ups are really really hard, but time and distractions will help.

Chris3000 likes this.
  6. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

Don't waste your time or breath. It's over. Talk is cheap, and she's lost trust in you. Sorry.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Get over it move on. Remember your mistake so you don't fuck up the same way next time. Don't make it any harder on her by continuing to push the issue.

Chris3000 likes this.
  8. hardowner

hardowner Fapstronaut

The end of my 11 month relationship, almost 2 years ago, was similar. She complained that she didn't feel me attracted to her anymore. We didn't talk enough every day. And that was the end...
    Step 1: Give yourself some time to respawn.
    Step 2: Continue your life.
    Step 3: Find a new gf.

Well, I'm stuck in step 2. I miss her more and more...

Chris3000 likes this.
  9. Girls are like that, if a person did a mistake or they doubt him for any reason, things are gonna change and never get back to normal no matter what you do :p so IMHO, if you want to release the rest of hope you have. Speak with her clearly and tell her that you want things to be as before and you won't disappoint her again. If she refused, you have done your part. So move on!
    The second option is to just forget about it and move on.

Chris3000 likes this.
  10. Well it's made things harder for you at work. It's always a bad idea to date someone you work with.

11. moonesque

moonesque Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Respect her choice, this is true, she is her own person, you may have to "walk away", and that is the approach of what you should expect.

But respect your choice as well, try! We complain so much that we don't do this or that or follow what we feel or what we want. If you understand that a relationship with her is something you want, try at it! Fail at it! Do something to respect your own needs and wants as a person! Its not wrong, if you spend the time and energy and money or whatever else on another human being because you truly want to express your self and you don't "get" them or "obtain" them at the end, who cares? The goal is not just to have her here, but have some respect for your own needs and feelings if it is something true from yourself. The goal doesn't even have to just be in a relationship with her, but maybe gain some experience going through something difficult, if you want it. If you fail, be grateful you have the extra time, energy, emotion, and money to put into someone else at the time, you will not always have a whole life to give and make mistakes with people. Push yourself, but only from your own needs and principles, it is worth it.

Listen to yourself and your own choices, you've put effort into it already, so try at giving without expectation here! If it doesn't work out, mourn and be sad, that's okay, that is learning and change.

Chris3000 and Deleted Account like this.
  12. HereAndThere

HereAndThere Fapstronaut

Youre her friend now, period. Can you handle being just that? I suggest you give yourself some time apart. I know that you work together but you can create distance in your head.

Jason_Tesla_19 likes this.