1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What small bussines to start?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by PowerfulSRE, Aug 19, 2018.

1. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hello fellow Fapstronauts,

Any Ideas, what small/family business to start in 2018/2019 with not so big investments. I have a small piece of land on a very busy road, and I have a big unused garage. (this might help but I don't have any ideas) Anyway, I work as a freelancer but right now I don't have any work and it becomes serious, some of the reserve money I had is running out and I don't know what to do. Of course, I chose to freelance in order to have fewer contacts with people.

2. KillCommunism

KillCommunism Fapstronaut

3. PowerfulSRE

Freelance online, IT

Future role model likes this.
  4. Cranchy

Cranchy Fapstronaut

You can start any kind of business of know better. You can also take help from your family, friends or neighbor.

PowerfulSRE likes this.
  5. Id say look where many aren’t looking. Observe and take notice of certain business/services in your local community that go on without general population of people paying attention to but in hindsight have a big market.

6. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Eatables
    Everyone has stomach and everyone wants food
    So start a food or cafeteria business....
    And remember focus on the quality and made the price economical

7. PowerfulSRE

Yeah, I was thinking already on that. There is no pasta restaurant for miles around, but still that is a too big investment for me... and for now... I mean maybe I will find some job soon...

Future role model and u376 like this.
  8. You can start with a service-based business such as landscaping and then use the profits to upgrade your property into something income producing. For now you can rent out the garage to somebody else. Or maybe since it is a garage, you can do an auto detailing business there.

9. I would say that you're going to have more success if you look at yourself and what you're interested in and where your knowledge and talents lie, rather than asking for other people to tell you. I mean not that you can't ask for ideas, but if you try to start a business you know nothing about and have never done and dont have any gift in, just because on paper it sounds like it would be successful, it probably wont work out very well.

10. Isuperman

Isuperman Fapstronaut

I think you need to see what people mostly needs and which shops available around your place ....i think cafeteria is the best keep colddrinks, snacks, package food specially for children

11. amazon business - clothing. buy it, brand it, sell it. go for ties, socks or something that could be a present.

12. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Incel counseling and life performance coaching for similar spergs and autists.

EthanW. likes this.
  13. TomGHP

TomGHP New Fapstronaut

what kind of business do you want to start?

PeterGH likes this.
  14. TomGHP

TomGHP New Fapstronaut

I think to start your own business you need your website, even if it's a cafe or a flower shop. It's like a strategy for the future, if you want to develop further. First of all, it is necessary to design it beautifully: content, photos, clipart, graphic design bundles https://masterbundles.com/downloads/category/active/graphics/ All this will allow your site to be recognizable and attractive

15. Good point, but if the guy can't do proper graphic-design (which is rare) that won't help him I fear. I'd go with a wordpress template, those provide everything you need:

https://www.templatemonster.com/
    https://themeforest.net/

16. But even then, it's hard to get a first-page google ranking, you also need to look into SEO and as I already said, amazon-business would be easier to start, if you do it right it's way more profitable and faster than starting from scratch.

17. Online and something to do with a major gap in the market. Nofap!

18. From what I have seen...
    Unless you have a great idea and a burning desire, you are better off getting a job with a good company.

19. alexander86

alexander86 Fapstronaut

I am going to start a biz called "Holy Beds"
    They will have holes in them for people who have to sleep on their stomachs (like me).
    The hole will be custom made and positioned to your liking.
    It will help with that early morning wood, keep it safe and will avoid snapping anything off.
    I will make one million dollars and never work again.
    Also, my idea is COPYRIGHTED so back off.

Deleted Account and Randy like this.
  20. Salt & Light

Salt & Light Fapstronaut

You have some land, depends on the size? Ever thought of wool? I have thought about this myself, it's a good business idea which can yield a pretty penny. It may take some investment (sheep/llamas) and patience, start small - just few grazers. Produce both milk and wool! You could either learn how to produce woolen products or sell the wool directly on. Food, as mentioned before is also a great one! You could even set up a small veg shop with success - especially if you are on a busy road :) Best of luck x