1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I really don't know how I'm going to find a girlfriend....

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, Sep 22, 2018.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I really don't know how I'm going to find a girlfriend....

The church groups I'm going to are more active again, so I'm going to church or going to church events 3 times again now. The problem is seems like most the people that go to the groups are either guys or already have boyfriends or a husband. Any of the othe girls left I'm just not interested in, but even then it's only a small handful of girls to choose from.

I work in the IT area so there really isn't any girl to chose from over there. I've tried Online dating multiple times but the girls don't even respond to me.

I'm not even sure where I should go find more girls. I'm already attempting church, bible studies, game nights sponsored by the church, but nothing is working. I'm 30 now, so I'm just wondering if I'm just going be old and alone forever.

Girls are just a extremely rare thing in my life so even if I was good with girls I wouldn't have many to chose from, but my skills with girls suck so I'm not getting anywhere but it seems even if I was good with girls I wouldn't have anything to choose from anyway.

I'm really starting wonder how much hard feminism is making things. You don't need a man, just get a job just focus on your career there's nothing that can go wrong waiting till your 30s and screwing 30 different guys in the mean time.

2. Peace467

Peace467 Fapstronaut

Hey, don't be so defeatist and don't blame others for your own situation. It's not fair on yourself or others and it won't lead you anywhere good.

Look at you, your on day 0. Would you date you? Why do you want a girlfriend? To fill an emotional and physical need?

You need to do some serious soul searching and looking at what you want, why you want it and how to achive it. It won't happen in an instant - these things take time. You yourself say your not very good with girls, how can you change this? What would make you more attractive and what would bring you more joy?

Want a GF is not a bad thing (for the right reasons) and chasing after it is fine, but remeber that God is there with you and he should be your number one or your not going to feel like everything is right. You can have all the happiness in the world but never experience joy and contentment.

I am worries for you with that last line, it's comming from a bitter and resentful place - THATS NOT YOU! These are lies! The girls you are looking for are not those girls anyways (and I don't know many christian girls who are like that).

There are girls out that, no there are women out there who are waiting for a Godly man to walk into their lives and are struggaling with their singleness as much as you are, it's a fight and battle to deal with your emotions and conquor them but you must! Even when in a relasionship there will be times that it is difficult, if you can'tdefeat PMO now then it's the first thing you will turn to when things go wrong anyways, no women can ever fill that whole because it's a whole that can never be entirely satisfied by getting what you want.

I know I may have been a bit harsh - but I am in the same palce as you right now and these are the things I would also say to myself. Come back at me! Lets fight and move forward!

Teejmaster, Criss27 and ZelCikal like this.
  3. ZelCikal

ZelCikal Fapstronaut

Very well said !

4. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

I can totally relate. I recommend several books [link].

Suggestions (in no particular order):
    1. CBT. Unf*ck your mind in general.
    2. Reboot. Unf*ck your mind about women.
    3. Continue your bible study stuff. That's always good.
    Bonus:
    1. Dance classes. The "leave-room-for-Jesus" social dancing & ballroom dancing (more physically intimate) -- lots of women there.
    Hope that helps.

Criss27 likes this.
  5. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

2. I was on day 156 yesterday when I failed. I just gotta not fail again.

6. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Wow. That's a good streak. Yeah, it's a rough ride. Hang in there.

7. WasZeusWrong?

WasZeusWrong? Fapstronaut

Hi, zxcv. I've known quite a few women who have said the same as you, but in reverse of course. They just don't meet any men in their daily lives. Almost seems more like a logistics problem than anything else! What about trying some activities where the women almost always outnumber the men? Like dance lessons. Or cooking. Or a book club. These might not be your preferred activities, but I think a lot of women would be impressed that you're willing to step outside your comfort zone. Just a thought. Good luck!

8. Nil1991

Nil1991 Fapstronaut

well, I would blame sexism.. about that..
    I'm a gay person, so.. in my world, doesn't have sexism, so.. people do whatever they want.. (like, if you want a date, go to tinder, if you want casual sex, go to grindr...)
    so with more equality, people get more open and free for do what they want. that's why is rare find gays that have problems with relationships (ofc, it happens, but very few, at least all my friends are ok).

9. alexander86

alexander86 Fapstronaut

Go on a dating website my man.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  10. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

A girlfriend is nice, but it introduces new problems.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. ghalib

ghalib Fapstronaut

tru
    true

12. STOP CHASING girls and START ATTRACTING them. That's the difference ! Also STOP looking for girls in your church, and look OUTSIDE the church. There are plenty of well grounded moral girls NOT in the church.

Ra's Al Ghul and Deleted Account like this.