1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

27 year old starting the journey

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Chalupa Batman, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Chalupa Batman

Chalupa Batman New Fapstronaut

I am 27, married, and getting ready to start the journey. I knew of NoFap's existence, but never admitted to myself I needed it. I started PMO excessively in college. Throughout college and my time in the military I have had over 50 sexual partners and PMO'd whenever I had time. Now that I'm out of the military and married, I can't run around with promiscuous women anymore, so I turn to PMO. At first I thought I was just addicted to sex and that was the reason for my constant PMO. However, lately I've noticed it has started to effect my sex life with my wife. Right now I am waiting to start a new job and am going back to school in the meantime. That means a lot of time at home alone. And I usually fill that time with PMO. These past few weeks it has gotten to the point where I will do it 1-2 hours a day. Now I have a hard time getting in the mood for my wife, as I would prefer PMO over sex with my wide. I try to avoid sex because I know I will have a difficult time standing at attention. And this is what brings me here. I know it will be difficult but I think I can do it and I don't it will be better for me in the long run.

2. naruku00

naruku00 Fapstronaut

Admiting to yourself that you are addicted is very important. I also have lived in this denial for a looong time. I'm with you bro!

LakeMichigan likes this.
  3. Micka90

Micka90 Fapstronaut

Your story sound very similar to mine I'm also 27 and starting now. I feel indeed the lack of attention during intercourse. And going to PMO as soon as I'm alone. Hang in there bro!

4. Chalupa Batman

Right now is the worst part of the day for me. I just got back from the gym and I am home alone for about 5 hours. I have school work to keep me occupied so this first day should be fine. I'm worried about the rest of the week.

5. Micka90

Micka90 Fapstronaut

Hang in there budy, if you feel distracted from your homework just go out for a moment, have a walk or something.

I feel like for me the heavy part I to come. My girl is out of town for two weeks. So I'm alone a lot... Started to learn to jam same guitar. Just stay busy. Hang in there!

6. Chalupa Batman

I'm on my second morning home alone and the temptations today are worse than yesterday. I still have homework to keep me busy and I got out some dumbbells to do some curls whenever it gets too bad. I feel like having all this free time on my hands makes things a lot more difficult. I'm currently waiting on a start date for a contracting job and I hope that when I start working again I will have more things to be preoccupied with.

7. Micka90

Micka90 Fapstronaut

Just remember not to give in to it, it's not worth it. I have the feeling my heavy days are still to come... But we will get there!