1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Fantomex5, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Fantomex5

Fantomex5 New Fapstronaut

Hey there!
    My name's David and I'm a teenager. I am addicted to masturbation but I plan on changing that! Let's see how this goes.

2. rocky0

rocky0 Fapstronaut

Hey David! As a fellow newbie, here's what I've picked up so far.

One good place to start could be starting a journal for yourself. Resolve to update your journal every day, and to read some posts on this website for a few minutes. Maybe someone else's journal in your age group, maybe some of the discussions on rebooting, whatever.

Many of the journals have commonalities, which I also want to dive into in my own journal. Here are some topics to get you started:
    -reasons you want to stop masturbating / ways in which masturbation is hurting you
    -weaknesses that have prevented you from kicking the habit in the past
    -specific goals that will help you fight those weaknesses
    -track when and where you masturbate, and what you felt like at the time. Do you notice any patterns? How can you avoid them in the future?

But generally, I think the best thing about the community is just feeling like you aren't alone, and that you have brothers here who you don't want to let down. We're rooting for you!