1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Sep 23, 2018.

1. You can lie down while meditating, they just say sit upright because it increases alertness and so decreases the chance your mind will wander or you'll fall asleep

izdwuut likes this.
  2. I want to induce them. What do you mean by false awakening? You ever had sleep paralysis? That can be terrifying, but you can take it and turn it into a lucid dream with enough practice. I had a demon on my back the first time I had one, but ever since then if I have them I get angry and it's like I'm coming out of my body to fight something hahaha.

I've had several lucid dreams and they're amazing. I even had lucid dream sex one time and that shit is insane. Not sure how that would work with NoFap though. It's obviously better than pmo, but maybe I should still avoid it. That could start a controversy.

3. Thank you so much. I'll look into that. I actually sit with my legs crossed and that doesn't really bother me, but sitting upright hurts my back. I might start sitting in a chair or leaning against something like you said.

4. I'd probably fall asleep hahaha. I haven't been meditating here lately because my last try was just so fucked. I just could not take my mind off of things, but I'm gonna try again here soon. Hopefully when I get home.

5. suntannedsailor

suntannedsailor Fapstronaut

False awakening: I lie in my bed, can't fall asleep for quite some time, I look at the clock, it is 3am. So I decide to go the bathroom and drink some water. I come to the bathroom and see this person sitting on bathtub that looked like my wife but wasn't when she showed her face. It was a shock. At that moment I realize I am sleeping and dreaming this the whole time. I got terrified and tried to wake up which I managed after a few seconds. Anyways this is off-topic in terms of NoFap. The sex lucid dream is an interesting angle, however.

6. izdwuut

izdwuut Fapstronaut

To an extend, sitting on a cushion might help to counteract it. A chair would probably be your best bet as you most likely already have it at home. Good luck with your practice!

7. Damn, that's crazy. I've never had that happen. As far as lucid dream sex, I thought about trying it again, but I was advised not to do it because it might interfere with rebooting. It sounds like a great way to deal with urges, but I think I'm gonna stay away from it for now.

suntannedsailor likes this.
  8. I actually sat on a pillow, but it still hurt my back. I'm gonna try a chair or maybe try leaning against a wall.

9. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

I suggest to you some good guys on youtube for guided meditative videos. TheHonestGuys, Michael Sealey, and a few channels that do not correspond with like Guided Mind et al. Good luck.

10. I've watched Koi from Koi's corner. Such a beautiful person man. I love that guy. Anyway, thanks for the recommendations. I'll try to check them out.

11. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

You are welcome friend. Good luck to you on your journey.