1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleeping at night

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Commit, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Commit

Commit Fapstronaut

At night time I depend on masturbation as a drug to help me fall asleep , makes me feel relaxed and sleepy after I cum . But without it i find myself tossing and turning and getting frustrated , I admit I feel better the next morning and less drained from not jacking off like 5 times the night before but its soooooooo hard to sleep

2. risk_taker

risk_taker Fapstronaut

There are other ways you can get yourself ready for bed, try starting a routine maybe. Maybe you can read a book, take a warm shower, drink some tea.

PuertoricanHusky likes this.
  3. TimeThief

TimeThief Fapstronaut

Agreed. There are many, many different ways to "get ready" for bed. Masturbating is just the one you're currently used to. It'll take a little while for your body to get used to a different routine but pick something you enjoy doing and STICK WITH IT. Personally, I put the phone away, get a book, and read for an hour or so before I get sleepy. If I have to, I take some melatonin to help myself naturally relax.

4. If you have time, stretch your entire body, or at least the major muscles and those which are tight. Do it calmly and take your time. After that when you lay to bed, it might be impossible to get up again from it.

5. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

Melatonin, Chamomile tea, Peppermint tea (both these teas reduce stress, anxiety, and insomnia, non -addictive sleeping pills, getting physically tired, doing/watching something boring, stop worrying and focus on pleasant thoughts, wanting to be healthy rather than drained, imagining your SO is in your arms trying to get some rest, ..... dude the options are so many I get tired just listing them.

Gotta snap out of this sick excessive MO thing, with or without P...

Best of luck!

6. Zephon

Zephon Fapstronaut

How about making sport? Or make some jogging for an half hour or longer if you can and keep this rythmus. I did it in the past: In the evening I felt more tired as when I didn't jog.