1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 days monk challenge : nofap + anxiety management

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Vedas_fr, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Vedas_fr

Vedas_fr Fapstronaut

Hi everyone, eveything is in the title.
    I started yesterday a monk challenge, which is absolute nofap for 35 days but also maintaining mental, emotional and physical balance while meditating on my own life and personnal path.
    I have a tendency to anxiety, hesitation, and i would like to commit for 35 days to make progress in these aspects, mostly by being present in the moment, entertaining good health and meditating on these issues that i have had for a long time. I have trouble facing choices and difficult situation without going full anguish and doing stupid things in the end (to sum up).
    Also no video games at all for this period, and trying to be active and productive.

Anyone willing to join is welcome. If you are not the anxious type, maybe you can focus on improving or understanding another problematic aspect of yourself.

2. Have you found any defining information on Monk Mode, or how to do it? I keep finding conflicting posts and deactivated links.

3. Vedas_fr

Vedas_fr Fapstronaut

Well i would think monk mode does not only include nofap, but a full lifestyle commitment, where you avoid anything degrading to your health and well being, as well as those of others. I would add an attempt to cultivate peace of mind and balance, in my case avoiding video games, procastrination, fatigue and anxiety

4. Vedas_fr

Vedas_fr Fapstronaut

checking in, still on the challenge. I am getting better day by day, but i notice that my digestion is still fucked up 8 days after the end of a very stressful period (had huge anxiety for september). When we suffer emotionally, mentally, our body takes a while to recover no matter we like it or not. I still go to the toilet ugly after 8 days, altough i sleep well and so on...

5. Raven Shadow

Raven Shadow Fapstronaut

0 the day starting today