1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What music inspires YOU?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by cryptifly, Jan 12, 2015.

1. cryptifly

cryptifly Fapstronaut

I admit... I have a huge man-crush on Adam Young of Owl City.:D He's got an amazing voice, an incredibly inspired way with words and he creates music that is life-affirming and positive. Here's one of his newest songs that I currently love and it reminds me of all you guys and the difficult struggles that life has put before you and to also keep your eyes and heart open to the amazing beauty this life extends to all of us.

We all suffer, but we recover
    Just to discover life where we all are.

Beautiful Times ft. Lindsay Sterling by OWL CITY

What songs/music do you guys find inspirational in your life?

2. ilovetyrannosaurusrex

ilovetyrannosaurusrex Fapstronaut

Classical music, big band stuff, basically music that tells a story. Plus my favorite song Tarzan Boy and favorite theme song for Jurassic Park really gets me inspired to get off my butt and do something.

3. fapstronaut1337

fapstronaut1337 Fapstronaut

Deathcore mostly, such as Rings of Saturn.. Whitechapel.. Suicide Silence.. Emmure.. Chelsea Grin.

More inspiring music tho is bands like August Burns Red (Christian band), Fit for A King. Lots of metal hehe

Eminem is always inspiring also tho. Latest Cypher... holy shit, and they said he nailed it in one take.

4. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

I agree with Aziz, I'm the same way. I like all types of music, but mostly the popular ones on the radio. Sometimes different genres apply to my mood or what kind of activity I'm doing. For example, if I'm trying to sleep, I put on some Reiki music(which is very relaxing by the way) to help me get to sleep. I used to listen to alternative rock and my favorite band was Breaking Benjamin. Here and there I listen to it, but it's really hardcore so I try to stay away from that. But certain music that have great meaning or life lessons or about loving someone are my true favorites. These are the songs I will listen to forever.

5. GoldenRuleStudent

GoldenRuleStudent Fapstronaut

Progressive/Alternative rock and some rap themed toward global struggles or Jesus Christ's life.

My Epic is a stunning Christian band. Their "Yet" is a good album.

[video=youtube;00aTXLdaZAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00aTXLdaZAk[/video]

6. ZeeX

ZeeX Fapstronaut

I preffer Soundtracks over anything else, soundtracks of Movies and games to be precise.
    Since they're designed to increase excitement in those Movies / Games, so listening to them makes,
    me feel powerful and great. Also composers like Florian Bur have great compilations to listen to.

7. Rectify

Rectify Fapstronaut

Thanks bro, I'm not into Christian music really, but this is just great music, and I like the positivity of Christianity of course, last Christian band I listened to was The Devil Wears Prada.

I like the sound of these guys.

Ever listen to any Two Steps From Hell? How about Celldweller or Blue Stahli?

[video=youtube_share;VDtlIQ_hhi8]http://youtu.be/VDtlIQ_hhi8[/video]

8. _Cam_

_Cam_ Fapstronaut

Silence(the absence of music), although I do appreciate music as an art. In my experiences with music, no matter how inspiring it may seem initially, the adrenaline and other responses to the music subsides over time. It seems to bring highs and lows to me in terms of motivation. Thus, I'm attempting to refrain from intentionally listening to music. It has been quite difficult, perhaps more difficult than No PMO alone, but I'm grateful for the experience of not having to rely on music for inspiration. To each his own.

9. javiercar

javiercar New Fapstronaut

10. Rectify

Rectify Fapstronaut

Not really a fan of Slipknot, but this new track really inspires me, in finally facing my demons, and realizing they are 'not my devil' anymore. That everything will be alright in the end.

"So Step inside/ See The Devil In I
    Too many times, we’ve let it come to this
    Step inside/ See The Devil In I
    Oh, when all that’s left does not make sense
    I know you’ll find your answers in the end
    You’ll realize I’m not your Devil… anymore

So Step inside/ See The Devil In I
    See The Devil In I
    See The Devil In I"

[video=youtube;3LFJZaziDjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LFJZaziDjQ[/video]

All things grow old and die. To cling to music and expect it to 'motivate' and inspire in the long run is futile.

A break from music is great, you will be more sensitive to it when you go back to listening. Listening with mindful appreciation is the key. Too much music drains your energy.

To give up music for silence altogether, that is the way of the sage and renunciate.

Although the highest music makes one appreciate the silence in between notes I have heard. Lofty and profound indeed.

11. GoldenRuleStudent

GoldenRuleStudent Fapstronaut

Yeah man My Epic's made great stuff. Their album Behold is good too.

Yesterday I discovered Christian metal bands and I'm hooked to one.

"Fight The Silence" by For Today deals with sex slavery.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaDSvzFZqoI.

But their "Saul of Tarsus" is just anti-sin and awesome lol.

Edit:

Good points about music and the lack of it Fortitude.

"Motivation is key" as my jobless very unmotivated older brother once said :).

12. bandanana

bandanana Fapstronaut

I've nearly cried to that song.

13. thegrandmaster

thegrandmaster Fapstronaut

14. ZeeX

ZeeX Fapstronaut

Yes I'm a big fan of Two Steps From Hell!.
    Never heard of Celldweller or even Blue Stahli but just looked at some videos,
    on Youtube about them actually they're pretty awesome!

15. Rectify

Rectify Fapstronaut

It's not my idea actually, just an idea I heard and was sharing. I only shared it because of _Cam_'s post on the first page.

Cam said their music of inspiration was currently silence. That the motivation from music is transitory, and much music just provides a temporary rush, and wears out eventually. Rare is the music that can heal and provide one with lasting satisfaction.

[video=youtube_share;mZqOROWMf7Q]http://youtu.be/mZqOROWMf7Q[/video]

16. _Cam_

_Cam_ Fapstronaut

Well said Fortitude.

17. Rectify

Rectify Fapstronaut

I'm going to try to do half of my workouts this week with no music. Try to foster and grow the inner motivation without using music to get me fired up. One last song that 'inspired' a workout from last week:

I was built
    Built on struggle
    I remain
    That way
    I was built
    Built on struggle
    Never forget
    Where you come from

I am not my failures
    I am not my fears

[video=youtube;hQfok7qIIR8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQfok7qIIR8[/video]

18. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

This is a great song, thanks for posting. ANYTHING that has a positive message mostly inspires me. A good encouraging song that I really enjoy listening to is Pharell Williams, "Happy."

19. cryptifly

cryptifly Fapstronaut

Hear Hear! You and I think alike, friend. I, too, enjoy "Happy" although very few artists are better than Owl City, IMO.

20. generalfiasco

generalfiasco Fapstronaut

Any Tool fans? A friend introduced me to them last year and now they are one of my favorites. First band that I actually bought physical cds from (their music isn't on iTunes, Spotify, etc.).

[video=youtube;IQQlyJjBvcE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQQlyJjBvcE[/video]