1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Violent wet dream. Need some advice

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by DrPG, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Versatile

Versatile New Fapstronaut

What I can tell you from my own experience is that this may be the way your brain deals with withdrawal. You strip it of a habit that's been going for really long and it tries to create the stimuli itself. I've had the same problem during my 2 month streak. First wet dream was quite nice and emotional but the longer I had been forbidding my brain from getting what it wants, the harder it attempted to recreate what it longed for.

The same was happening when I quit all my other addictions at once - smoking cigarettes, weed and drinking. I gave up literally everything in one day and had these very realistic dreams that I was breaking and smoking, drinking etc. I would wake up totally devastated, no yet fully awake and filled with regret from what I just did. It would take me a few seconds to grasp the situation.

So don't worry! I would say it's progress! You know you're winning when the brain tries hard to fight back. Stay strong my friend, it will pass, just give it some time and keep away from stimuli and chaser effect out of remorse.

2. Yeah, I've had fucked up wet dreams too, man--like @CrimsnBlade said, stuff I would never be turned on by in waking life. I've also just had fucked up dream dreams, where I do crazy weird shit. I'm of the opinion that that stuff doesn't somehow reflect on our character or anything like that. It's just weird mind gobbledeegook.

3. EmmyB

EmmyB Fapstronaut

Tat's awesome! Definitely husband material for some lucky girl!

+TenPercent likes this.
  4. DucksInARow

DucksInARow Fapstronaut

Thanks. Id like to think so - for the time being sexuality without the sex is so sexy!