1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hair Loss and NoFap: Any results?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BoiledEggplant, Apr 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BoiledEggplant

BoiledEggplant Fapstronaut

I'm no baldie, but my hair's thinning. Anybody here noticed advantages from fapping way less/not fapping at all to their hair health?

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. 3OutOf5

3OutOf5 Guest

9 out of 10 times my hair loss stopped after 5+ days
    after two weeks my hair starts to shine and feels really healthy. I can pull, wash, brush do anything and I'll lose only a single hair.
    If I stop nofap and do MO a little too much I start to lose handful of hairs again and all the mayhem is back.
    this other 1 out of 10 I cannot clarify. I was traveling in Asia and haven't had sex for weeks, suddenly I experienced a severe hair shedding where I fail to find a reason for. Perhaps that I only had fast food for weeks without any vitamins or veggies.

3. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Maybe you simply lost hair because you were in a natural shedding phase. We all have phases where many hairs start to fall out. This is completely natural and happens especially during early fall and early spring because we go from winter hair to summer hair and vice versa

4. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Yes, beating off does make you lose your hair. I thought it was bs, but my hair is a lot thicker now that I have stopped. There was a guy on here who actually took pics of his head back when he was deeply addicted and then another one when he was on a good consistent streak of no fapping and the difference was amazing.

5. BoiledEggplant

BoiledEggplant Fapstronaut

Damn, I'm pretty sure the diet played a role. When I changed my diet and eliminated junk and sugar my hair felt better too. Glad to know NoFap helps.

LeonardX likes this.
  6. 3OutOf5

3OutOf5 Guest

I have noticed more males around me are bald or have thinning hair but never doctors. Most doctors I have met have heads full of hair. I suspect they are well aware of the medical dangers of overmasturbation.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2017
    brahmacarya likes this.
  7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

My pediatrician's bald.. o-oh.... oh no!!

8. I Free I

I Free I Guest

To be honest, I haven't seen any changes in my hair . ( Still have all my hair ) I feel that NoFap can benefit certain physical aspects of yourself but I also believe genetics plays a role too .

Ubthl_ and BoiledEggplant like this.
  9. J247

J247 Fapstronaut

From a dude on YouTube. He said any hair regrowth won't start until 3 or 6 months.

I'm not bald, but I do have a slight widows peak going, and I will say that around day, I dunno, 20/29, my shedding has drastically reduced.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  10. Giortio

Giortio Fapstronaut

We should distinguish 2 types of men - who genetically lose hair and those who does not have such a gene. In fact it is true that excessive masturbation can cause hairloss. For the first category of men masturbation decrease will have no effect. As for the second category - they will see the result in 2 weeks. That is what happened to me, I began to lose hair when I was 20 (when I began to masturbate once per day or even sometimes more) and then when I was 25 I decided to experiment (to stop masturbating for 4 weeks at least) - guys, the result was really wonderfull. Started on Propecia (Finasteride), and although it took a little while to work (at least half a year), I ended up regrowing a lot of hair. Switched to Proscar, hair grew back even more and thicker, hairline looks great now. The density of my hair increased - everybody was telling me about this.
    [​IMG]

Tai Chi and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Mine is definitely genetic. I’m still bald after 30+ days no-PMO. My hair started thinning out in my late 20’s.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. Mine at 17 and I don't even have any bald relatives

brahmacarya likes this.
  13. Darzchoke

Darzchoke Fapstronaut

i am falling super thin and short hair since i gt long hair

14. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

3 or 6 months into a nofap streak?

15. The connection between pmo (or ejaculation) and hair loss is not proven even though there was a study on women which showed that higher prolactin might cause hairfall. I conducted an unintended experiment with the sample size of one and it seems that there must be something. After a pmo binge, I start shedding. It has happened everytime I had a hard relapse, without exception.

brahmacarya and Ra's Al Ghul like this.
  16. Darzchoke

Darzchoke Fapstronaut

17. ultrafabber

ultrafabber Fapstronaut

Did you stop all kind of sex arousal/sex fantasies as well? And watching instagram women etc?

My hair always stopped shedding when i had a good streak. If i masturbate/binge/have sex fantasies i lose hair like crazy

18. Almost 60 days now, been free of everything. I’m 51yo, I’m 100% sure my hair isn’t coming back.

19. Isuperman

Isuperman Fapstronaut

I'm now on flatline but my baldness increased very badly sometimes i think about relapse...... I'm 35 yr old but still i have big hope that my hair regrowth like 20s ..... I its because of thick scalp skin or dry scalp skin ....and just because of PMO or other useless information maked our scalp is dead ...i would like suggest that regular massage your head and stop getting lots of useless info and obviously no PMO

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  20. ??? What ???

Sometimes hair loss is genetic. Stopping PMO isn’t going to make everything go in reverse and turn us into 20 year olds again. I’m past middle age, my body is on the other side of the peak and declining. It’s okay, that’s life. I’m bald, it’s not coming back, that’s fine. Loosing one’s hair isn’t a big deal. Actor Yul Brenner was bald and he had lots of chicks.

Isuperman likes this.