1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to make eye contact?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by sfmark12, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How do you maintain eye contact with seeing people go by?(aka walking in the street at the mall, grocery store, you know). Pretty much when you walk by someone should you just maintain eye contact with them until they break it first? What do you do? I can handle eye contact while talking with girls and guys but when just passing by I suck at it. What do you do? Thank you!

2. Only do it if it’s socially acceptable and the vibe you want to give off. Have no fear. I can hold it, but I don’t with people that will get the wrong impression e.g think I’m showing interest when I’m not (to females or males) .. I have a long term partner. Also I don’t do it much to aggressive people either as they tend to react wrong.

Walking around I give no one eye contact unlsss it’s required to avoid collisions. As it achieves nothing else positive really. The question is why do you want/need to achieve it when walking around apart from hostile/to appear dominant. I infact gave you an open response for more scenarios as think you might not be asking if you held it strong in conversation but forgive me if I’m wrong

Conversation I hold it really strong if I want but I’m a confident person which means I’ll give as much eye contact as I feel like. You have to trust yourself and have no fear. And be good friend, don’t give eye contact for the wrong reasons (to be hostile) but anything else then go for it. Be good brother.

This is my quick thoughts. No one is the oracle of life and you asked

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2018
  3. So you think making eye contact with someone until they break it is hostile? I actually don't disagree it is weird because some people do it with me all the time. What I'm starting to do so when that happens I give a head nod and go about my business.

4. I consider it pointless, socially awkward or hostile act in a setting like walking around. That's just my opinion. I think you agree though. I give eye contact if necessary, not for the sake of it.

5. I was thinking about it too maybe I've been just overthinking it. I should chill.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Are u suffering any eye contact problem while walking around people??

7. Yes and no. I just don't know what to do. Do I just look people in the eye until they break it or give when necessary.

8. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

The way you think of this is wrong imo. Seems like you think you have to pay attention to random people who have nothing to do with you. They have 0 meaning to you so do whatever you please, don't look at them at all or stare them as much as want, what they think is irrelevant.

Deleted Account and sfmark12 like this.
  9. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I like to stare at people awkwardly without blinking.

10. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I do not think it is aggressive, but it is subliminally dominant. So, if you are walking towards someone on the same line, the person who breaks eye contact first will move off that line. If you wish a succession of people to get out of your way, do not break eye contact with them and they will move out of your way. I read about this years ago and tested it out. It works, haha. Generally, though it is more natural to look for a brief time and look away. That's my view.

11. Air0

Air0 Fapstronaut

When I'm talking to someone I usually look them in the eye the amount of time to remember what color it is. But honestly it's not too big a deal. If your nice and not mean then that's good

12. godsbelovedson93

godsbelovedson93 Fapstronaut

Don’t worry about to much, eye contact when conversing with people is much more important. But when we pass people in the street often we just look at them to observe our surrondings, theres rarely any intimacy involved.

13. You should only give it when necessary otherwise dont make it....just focus on your way & dont care what others think....I think u are suffering a lil social anxiety thats y you are confused about what to do...Just focus on ur streak man...As many fapstronauts reported here they dont give a fuck to others while they are on a big streak...our hormones get effected when we are masturbating frequently & thus our brain gets confused in social situations so dont worry just chill ;)

sfmark12 likes this.