1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Video game addiction & PMO

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Recently, I have uninstalled many of my frequently played video games - ones that I usually play at least every other day.
    I haven't played any video games for weeks now and I feel very irritable and angry.
    I'm constantly having urges to play video games, and I'm sure I would have played some today If I hadn't uninstalled my main games - I think I have suffered video game addiction and PMO addiction simultaneously, and I have been bouncing back between the two things for a long time now, but this is the first REAL attempt to completely cut out both addictions at the same time.
    I'm finding it hard to live life right now being extremely impulsive and unmotivated to do any work whatsoever, even writing this post was a chore for me.

I truly think that PMO & video game addiction has sucked the life out of me.

My advice to anyone reading this is to identify any other addictions you may have, not just PMO, but anything else that may be ruining your life as I think it has ruined mine

2. Fallensoldier1

Fallensoldier1 Fapstronaut

I play many video games myself. But I’m wondering what the line is from addiction and just casually playing? Is it based on the amount of hours you play? Or do you put it before other activities such as work and family time?

If you think it’s a problem for you then I would suggest cutting them out. Or maybe put yourself on a time limit? No more than 2 hours a day or something? Maybe only play every other day?

I don’t play every day. But through the week I may play an average of 2 hours or so if that. Sometimes I may not play at all on the weekends and sometimes I may play a lot.

Last weekend I played a lot of red dead redemtion 2. But so far today I haven’t played any this weekend.

If you put playing video games before other more important things, then I would suggest cutting them out as well and replace it with the activities always mentioned such as reading, going outside, to the gym etc.

3. Yeah, I know I am addicted because I have put video games before many important things countless times, and I can't control myself when it comes to video games.
    It would be nice if I could control myself and play video games from time to time, but I don't seem to have that discipline level yet.

4. User3475682

User3475682 Fapstronaut

Why do you want to stop playing completely?As Fallensoldier1 mentioned, it's okay if you have clear limits.
    It is a sign that you are addicted to it if you get aggressive, but nothing to worry about.That's completely normal.If you still ant to avoid it, try to find a replacement.Reading/Drawing or anything else that you do instead of gaming when the urges come back.Try a new hobby if you want.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Moderation friend. Don't play too much or not at all. Play as much as you can. Learn the art of self control.

Deleted Account likes this.