1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 days today - what it means

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by TheProcedure, Oct 13, 2018.

1. TheProcedure

TheProcedure Fapstronaut

wow this comment means so much to me. that's what's great about this community - there were times where i've come close to giving in but didn't after reading another fapstronaut's post. it's amazing being on the other side of that.

in terms of being in a relationship by Nov. 1st, honestly one of my primary motivations was to secure myself in the nofap lifestyle, cuz i know when i see someone, my urges go down to 0, at least in the one or two relationships ive been in. however, im realizing i shouldn't place any mental dependence on that, and should learn to be strong on my own.

but i still want to be in a relationship, for a host of reasons. one of them being that i feel like im ready.

i started talking to someone, and it was going really great and i saw real potential, but it ended up not working out. she kinda switched up on me and told me she wasn't looking for a relationship rn. this happened a little less than a week ago. still hurts, thinking about it a lot. but once my emotions stabilize, i'll start thinking about dating again.

Christian Fox likes this.
  2. Its very great idea to fight the initial thought before it turns to an uncontrollable urge.... ;) ...you are gonna win it man :)

TheProcedure likes this.
  3. ash_cloud

ash_cloud Fapstronaut

Well done bro on the difficult battle you fought. Keep going !!

TheProcedure likes this.
  4. TheProcedure

TheProcedure Fapstronaut

from my journal today (https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/kobe-24-my-journal.149247/):

day 119

what a roller coaster of a month. October was wild.

my confidence has dipped. and this morning i experienced (and am still experiencing?) my first real urge to pmo since starting this amazing streak.

i'm hurting rn.

met somebody on tinder around day 87, started really talking around day 93. it ended around 105. those two and a half weeks were amazing, we really hit it off, and had what i felt was a great chemistry.

then she went on a trip to san fransisco, and on our date when she came back, she was different. i asked if she was looking for a relationship, and she said if you woulda asked me a week ago my answer woulda been so different, but this trip changed my life. and when she dropped me off to campus, she didn't come out of car to give proper hug and we havent corresponded since. i actually reached out and sent her my regards on text a couple days ago, no response. then i noticed she unfollowed me the other day.

crazy how you could be talking and texting and facetiming someone day to day and things are great, and the next day she switch up on you and ties are cut and it's over.

i feel for her and do care about her. i know she might not have ever cared for me really. she was sweet and nice, but she ran game on me. she's a veteran at a game i dont have the stomach to play. never really heard her utter my name once now that i think about it, actually i was aware of that dating.

what's funny is that when she was on her trip, i was having doubts about whether i'd wanna be serious w her, bc she was being type self-centered on text during her trip. but i was giving the benefit of the doubt and was willing to have a conversation. well, we kinda didn't, she said her piece, and i was never invited to say mine.

and that was that.

if she didn't do it to me that night tho, i might've done it to her like a week after, after thinking about it and realizing i didnt wanna be w her.

it's just funny how it still hurts me two weeks after the fact. and how you want what you can't have.

idk just peeping her stories since our break, and the fact that she unfollowed me - really severing any type connection id have w her again in our lives. to me that's so permanent and sad.

not the life i wanna lead.

i can't just exterminate people like that. but maybe that's what's healthiest for her. and i respect that.

God i need you to pull me through this. my confidence has really diminished since this. my energy, my love for life. i dont wanna relapse.

day 120 i wanna give my word but part of me really wants to revert back to this addiction for some solace for some comfort for some good feeling for some escape for some whatever

5. lipfaster

lipfaster Fapstronaut

Wow! Congrats Mate!!!!

6. bibi666

bibi666 Fapstronaut

congratulation ! This is a great victory, but don't stop the fight.
    Be strong guys

7. pp7711

pp7711 Fapstronaut

Stay strong. Do not fold. Fight, fight and fight some more.

You can rebuild your confidence - concentrate on what you are good at.

I like your posts. I want you to pull through and post some news - good news. I believe in you.
    Respect.

TheProcedure likes this.
  8. Stay strong!!

TheProcedure likes this.
  9. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

man....i am so inspired by your success story...but reading this after that, makes me wanna think that life is so fucking hard, man. Doing a certain number of day can only get me to some level of confidence...it is upto me to keep it up or fall again.

I see your counter...i hope you realize that your progress is not lost!!! Don't give that daemon another hour, man! Rise again!

Butterfly1988 and TheProcedure like this.
  10. Diamond Cutter

Diamond Cutter Fapstronaut

Once I went on a boat ride with a good friend and I noticed this girl was checking me out. Next thing she tossed a couple of strawberries in my drink kind of playing a game. I was stupid beside myself. Leaned into it nervous as hell and we spent a couple of great years together. Point being: I like boats and was on a boat ride.... and I met a girl. So forget this chick that you did not line up with and go do what you like to do. AND THE BIG POINT HERE; YOU be the one to throw a strawberry in some girls drink, or let her know you dig her..... Thats all it takes. Do the things you like and keep your eyes open and it will happen.
    I'm on day 8 and I thank you for your motivation - approaching record territory for me! Stay cool brother.

11. TheProcedure

TheProcedure Fapstronaut