1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can someone answer me.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 7, 2018.

1. I'm a boy who is 5'9" and I'm 18.My father is 6'2" and my mother is 5'3".Will I grow taller?I masturbate once for two weeks.Is masturbation the reason for my short height?I there anyone who grew taller after 18?I'm doing bicep curls by 10 kg dumbbells.Will lifting weights stunt my growth?I do dumbbell curls only as a weight exercise.PLEASE ANSWER ME...

2. You may still grow a bit but not a lot.
    Your height might come from a grandparent or another relative.
    Don't stress, 5'9" is not short it's an average height for a male if I'm not mistaken.

3. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

In his book "Giant Steps" Kareem Abdul Jabbar (The REAL greatest NBA player of all time.) admits to masturbating habitually as a teenager. Much like 90 some odd percent of young males all over the world. He grew to be 7 ft. 4 inches tall.

Masturbation is not the reason for your height.

I did grow some after 18 but not much.

I don't know what effect the weights will have on your growth. But I really doubt it would be a problem.

4. I heard stretching can help you grow, like doing regular stretches daily

Deleted Account and Shoto Jaya like this.
  5. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

You may grow a tiny bit if you're lucky until you're 20 and lifting weights will not stunt your growth.

And please don't worry about it, you can't control how much you can grow and the only thing that may stunt it is malnutrition.

Deleted Account and Shoto Jaya like this.
  6. I have another question.
    I turned 18 in August.Can't I grow at least an inch at this time....When I was 16 I was 5'5.At 17 5'7 and in 18 I'm 5'9....So can't I grow at least an inch.....

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Pastor Preston

Pastor Preston Fapstronaut

Some people actually do gain height up until 25. Truth be told, you will probably get an extra inch between now and when you are 25. I had a friend who was barely over five feet tall when he was 18, but grew to be 6'4'' by the time he was 22. But, as some have stated, there isn't anything abnormal about being 5'9".

8. To begin, your parents are balanced height individuals... genes do determine growth, but not define it.
    Second, your still 18, like myself, and still developing... you will grow taller but not a much as you want.
    Third, I'm 18, about 6'1'' , and I know no a lot of people taller than me. Does not mean im short, or tall. What does your height have to do with anything? Be thankful that your normal height and not a midget or a giant!

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  9. Height isn't everything. But in general, you may grow more but it's genetics. I grew a little after 18. Masterbating doesn't affect it whatsoever. And lifting weights is dope, stick w it. It won't get you taller however

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  10. Side note, how long have you been doing just biceps curls? Bc if it's been for a while, everything else would be underdeveloped. Just me $.02, been down that road

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  11. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

In Filipino culture, its believed that jacking off actually makes you grow taller. Lol

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  12. You filipino?

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  13. SanSolo

SanSolo Fapstronaut

It depends entirely on whether or not you have completed your long bone growth. It's not the same for everyone. I can't recall the name for it, but there is some feature in the bones of children that is "open" allowing them to grow taller with age. As we reach adulthood this "closes" and long bone growth stops. If I recall my biology correctly.

There are some things that can be done with regards to nutrition and exercise that can maximize the release of growth hormone. Especially for someone your age. If your long bone growth has not ended this could potentially make some small difference. But there is no certainty. And this would require the services of a qualified, competent medical professional and trainer. Random people on the internet (like me) can't do it for you.

The quick fixes and shortcuts people will try to sell you are all CRAP.

Shoto Jaya and Deleted Account like this.
  14. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Masturbation doesn't influence growth, atleast I don't think so. Don't do bicep curls only lol. Get stronger on other lifts.

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  15. Actually about a year.But my biceps aren't growing....

16. Well a year you should see muscle growth. I mean from this point, are you taking whey protein, doing enough, doing it properly, etc.

I can't express the importance of even growth w the rest of your body, perhaps this could also be a hindrance. Your bicep really is just 1/3 of your arm. Your tricep is 2/3.

Shoto Jaya likes this.
  17. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

probably. probably not. yes. no

Put down the dumbells and start lifting some real weight

Shoto Jaya likes this.