1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Her (The Movie)

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Caveat Emptor, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

If you haven't seen it, you should. Its very thought provoking and everyone here can probably relate.

It takes place in a future where a company developes an operating system, with a voice, like Siri for iPhone, that evolves as the user interacts with it. The movie follows one guy who falls in love with his operating system.

The primary theme is the potential for over-reliance on technology for things that one would normally get through people, like emotional or sexual intimacy, etc. Kinda like reliance on PMO.

There are tons of other issues in the movie too, like privacy and technology in the future.

Very interesting movie. Highly recommended. Especially for fellow Fapstronauts.

2. dwillings

dwillings Fapstronaut

I've heard of this movie but I haven't seen it. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

3. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

Sounds great but I cant find it on DVD, is it fairly new?

4. Willdabeast

Willdabeast Fapstronaut

5. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

Ok thanks for that

6. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

It came out like a week ago. I saw it in theaters.

7. You_Can_Do_lt

You_Can_Do_lt Fapstronaut

Going to see this after work today!

8. ElectriFix

ElectriFix Fapstronaut

Apparently it comes on the 14th of February here in the UK :/ So going to have to wait a bit but I heard really good things about the film. Looking forward to seeing it should be good!