1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Long term reboot success!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Csatornapatkany, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Csatornapatkany

Csatornapatkany Fapstronaut

Hi Guys!
    I couldn't imagine, that one day-today- I would write my own success story. But after 525 days no PM, I can say, that nofap works! Everybody, who has doubt about it, or lost hope (it was the same for me during my journey) should know this! I think its the most important thing during this journey. Every people is different, but we all doing this journey, and its the same for everybody. Depression, no feelings, no libido, flatline, anhedonia, no motivation, urges, hopelessness, etc. Is it familiar? For me, it was the most f*cing difficult time in my whole life!!!
    Im 24 years old now, and i was 8-9 years addict to this thing. When I got a girlfriend, 2,5 years ago, I decided to stop this addiction. The sex was horrible at those times. I had pied, so it was very unmotivational for me. I had 1 year to start this 525 days streak, before it, I had a lot of relapses. During my reboot, I had that kind of depression, unmotivation, unhappiness, which was the hell itself. I cant write it in words, how hard and shit was this all! I was very hopeless, and I read a lot of forums at nofap, which helped a lot. About long term rebooters, 90 days not enough, 150 days... not enough, 1 year... not enough... So its the most difficult part of this, save hope... Because Everybody can get there! If you dont give up! Im at 1,5 years in, and I can feel Im getting better and better. Now I can live my daily life with motivation, and not depression. My sexlife is awesome. I was in flatline stage approx in my whole journey, which means I didnt have any libido, the sex wasn't good. Successful, but not very enjoyable. But now, every aspect of life is improving, my feelings, my motivation, I dont feel any depression at all (maybe sometimes, but its not so hard then 1 year ago...).
    Today and yesterday I decided to try myself. I saw 1-2 video, to try if I can resist to this feeling. It was another success for me, after 500 days, you can do this as well, but before it, I wouldnt recommend :) Now Im sure, Im on my good path, I will never see any kind of these things, but It was a good feedback to me. I have now the faith to continue this journey, during my whole life. Its an infinity improving possibility, If you are strong enough ( and I know you all are), you can improve you life amazingly!
    I could say, what kind of things helped me on this journey to get here, but the most important thing is the TIME! Count your days, if you resist your life will be amazingly better and better and better.

May the power with You all!

2. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

Thanks man, really thank you.
    I'm 6 months in and i am loosing hope lately.
    We need more experiences from long term rebooters like you.

I also would like to ask, do you think woman attraction in nofap is true?
    How did your life change in better?

3. Csatornapatkany

Yeah, 6 months is a really good performance, just go on, and continue this journey, you are on a good path!
    Woman attraction is true, I think. You will be more self-confident, and you will do things not because its normal, or they expect it, instead because you will want it and enjoy it. During my journey I had (and still have) a gf, we live in a long distance relationship, which was a really hard thing, but I can feel how my relationship improved during this time. And I can feel that if I wont have a gf, I could easily make a strong relationship with a girl.
    I will continue my reboot, forever, but my life improved a lot during this 1,5 year. Motivation, I want to get things, earn things in life, not a meaningless fapping and lie in bed, etc. I have a strong connect to my friends, I enjoy social activities, not like 1-2 year ago. My sex life is amazing, I got no pied anymore. My reflexes improved, I can enjoy things, I can see now what I want in life. I feel stronger myself. I dont have any depression, or anxious, cause I got the faith now. I can truly see, if I continue this lifestyle, the border is non existent.

4. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

Thanks, when did the pawd and depression stop for you?

Freeddom_Taker likes this.
  5. bixxlow

bixxlow Fapstronaut

Szevasz ! :D gratulalok , nem semmi eredmenyt ertel el. En meg csak most jarok 30napnal de az utobb 3-4 honapba csak 3szor csaptam ki, ami ugyhiszem egesz szep eredmeny :D De mostanra mar teljesen lemondtam errol a szarsagrol , konkretan undorodom tole! Soha nem fogok visszaszokni, egy eletre lemondtam rola.

Mostanra mar erezheto a javulas, csak sajnos vannak napjaim amikor nagyon jol erzem magam maskor pedig szarul, ezek egesz gyakran valtakoznak de meg mindig jobb mint regen mert akkor mindig szarul ereztem magam.

Jobb memoria, kreativitas, beszelgetes is konnyebben megy , kevesebb brain fog, tobb energia.

chazer2010 and Deleted Account like this.
  6. chazer2010

chazer2010 Fapstronaut

wow... im really happy for you man. congratulations. im sure this post is going to inspire thousands of people. i too have been losing hope lately because im on day 210 of my no pmo streak and i sense no change in my mental clarity and memory. my memory has gone to shit and i barely can remember anything. although there are occasional days that i can remember absolutely anything and i feel like a genius. on the other hand, lately i have been experiencing the benefits what others call as "super powers" minus the mental clarity part. it's just the memory and mental clarity that has been bugging me. sometimes i feel suicidal because of it. please tell me that my mind will improve with time? and in your experience, on which day did you feel like your mind/ memory is improving ? fyi- in the past,i have PMOed for 12 years

7. Csatornapatkany

Hali! Köszi szépen, és neked is nagy gratula! Ez már nagy előrelépés! Igen, azt sose feledd, hogy ez nem egy lineáris folyamat, az agyad próbálja balance-olni önmagát, így vannak jobb és rosszabb napok, de ha átlagba nézed, akkor hosszútávon javulás tapasztalható. Elég sok idő és türelem kell hozzá, életem legnehezebb dolga volt ezt végigcsinálni. Sok erőt és kitartást, biztos vagyok benne, hogy meg fogod tudni csinálni!

8. Csatornapatkany

Hmm, it wasn't a linear process, there were days, when I felt better, and then puff, from nowhere, there was the depression and unmotivation. The PAWS were as intense as the basic withdrawal symptoms, so I didnt know if it would stop or what the hell... But it got better and better, and I think the 500 days mark was the real border for me.

Freeddom_Taker and Mattew like this.
  9. Csatornapatkany

Thanks man! Yeah, 12 year is a lot, as well as my 8-9 years, but it wont last forever! Every people is different, so everyone got hit by different symptoms. I see, for you its the memory part. I realised memory loss, bad memory during my reboot as well, but I can say, that that part is temporary as well. So what you feel, experience during this time, it mustnt take too serious, its just your mind playing with you. It wants to feed with its dopamine, but you have to say no! Because you will be healed, just be patient. My memory started to improve veeeerrry slowly, I can say for you too, that 500 days mark was the real border for me, when lots of aspects really started to improve.

10. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

That's a lot of time, you did great man, that's noticeable.

11. Pursuit_of_happiness

Pursuit_of_happiness Fapstronaut

Congratulations man!! Very nice story))
    What about libido and pied when did it back?

12. Csatornapatkany

Thanks! :) Libido have come and gone, so there were weeks, months (especially at the beginning) when I felt nothing down there, but now I cant imagine how I felt when I had no libido. I would say approximately after 350-400 days it started to become good, and after 450 days it became amazing.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. bixxlow

bixxlow Fapstronaut

Mindent megteszek majd erte :D sok sikert neked is ! amugy ha megfigyeled a szamlalom alatt van egy link egy konyvhoz, erdemes lehet elolvasnod ha meg nem tetted meg :D

14. Gota

Gota Fapstronaut

Great story... I'm slowly approaching 500 days mark too and I agree with you, time is the most important thing. The longer you abstain the easier it gets.

15. Congrats! I dont see the badges on my phone. Have you had a regular sex during those 500 days? How often? Is regular sex with a gf beneficial to you?

Barlumedisperanza likes this.
  16. Csatornapatkany

Thanks! Well, me and my gf could meet every months for about 4-5 days, but if I hit flatline stage, I couldnt have sex with her. So approximately 2 sex per months in general. At the beginning, I did a 100 days without sex as well, so I can recommend this to everyone, it speeds up the reboot! When I had sex, sometimes I felt bad after it, like a relapse, but with time it got better, and now its awesome :)

17. Csatornapatkany

Thanks! Wow, nice there! May the power with you to continue this journey!

18. Pursuit_of_happiness

Pursuit_of_happiness Fapstronaut

Thank you very much!! My background is the same!

Csatornapatkany likes this.
  19. Sir Talleyrand

Sir Talleyrand Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing man! Really good to know about these long term stories too :)

Csatornapatkany likes this.
  20. Thank you, you can not imagine how much hope you gave me!

Kösz!