1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Would you say you conform to the crowd or no ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Kman20, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I don't mean this politically. I mean conformist in the general way. I want to know what people think of themselves here honestly. I'm not judging either. Would you people of nofap say you conform to the crowd's opinion? Or do you stand true to what you believe in ? Even if it was a crowd of 20 plus people agreeing on something that you don't really agree with would you speak up against it? Do you hold true to who you are? If you guys aren't or are, if you've seen other people that are, what do you usually think of these people? How do you react to them? Are you thrown off by them? Are they memorable people to you? Do they come off as genuine? I want to know. What do you guys think. What do you guys think you are.

2. That's an interesting question to think about. I'm secure with my beliefs and opinions of the world and I’m somewhere in the middle with some very conservative views and some very liberal views. I think being secure with your own beliefs is key because then others can’t really offend you. I generally just listen when I'm in groups and try to understand other points of view, if they are speaking intelligently and not just arguing. I find it fascinating and I’m always open minded and willing to learn why people feel certain ways about issues. I share my opinions selectively mostly because they aren’t really going to be important to anyone else except myself. Secondly, it’s rare these days to talk about things without someone getting all upset over it so it’s best avoided for me personally.

3. Somanyashes

Somanyashes Fapstronaut

This particular portion of your post especially mirrors my own feelings. You've pretty well nailed it.

4. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the input. I think it's best to check things out that are trending for ourselves to see if we genuinely dislike it first before shying away. I feel we could be missing out on things otherwise. For example what if Nofap was trending?

5. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I would say I conform to reason and rationality. The crowd's opinion means jack diddly to someone like me.

Kman20 likes this.
  6. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Do you honestly believe this ?

7. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Everyone conforms here and there to avoid conflict or having to deal with bullshit.

You would be lying if you disagree.

Here's a test if you disagree.

At your workplace, family gathering, or date... wear a nofap t-shirt and hat.

Don't want to have to explain it or defend yourself to others? Well, that's avoiding conflict / staying silent / conforming.

Kman20 likes this.
  8. Yes, I believe we are all weak to a certain extent. Some more than others. I conform everyday in many ways. Sort of this unwritten law that keeps many of us trapped.

Kman20 likes this.
  9. I dont care what others think of me or what the crowd believes, but i dont actively go out of my way to find conflict either. If someone asks for my opinion ill give it or if i see something that i believe is wrong ill try to stop it, otherwise i let people do theyre thing. But no, i dont conform or get swayed much at all.

10. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Hmm interesting. Honestly I would do this. It’d be the most difficult with family but I still see myself explaining it. And wearing that isn’t my taste at all lol I’d only be wearing it for this reason alone.

11. KS1994

KS1994 Fapstronaut

Sticking to your own beliefs is the core trait of individualism. At the same time I'm not an asshole, I'll express my opinion but if someone believes differently I won't force my opinion on them.

Deleted Account and Kman20 like this.
  12. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I like your comment. This is the ideal way to go about comforming or not conforming.

Deleted Account likes this.