It's worth it! (60 days story)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Hros, Nov 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

In my 30 days post, I decided to use that post to discuss one side of my journey. This time I’ll take a different direction.

It’s been an amazing 60 days, 60 days of me pushing myself to my willpower limits and beyond, learning to deal with urges and negative thoughts both at school and at home. I’m seeing some changes in myself, visible mostly to myself, but in general, I’m very proud of myself:

Positive changes:
    • 60 straight days (and still going!) of No-PMO Hard Mode.
    • Regaining old memories, particularly from a time in my life that I was so depressed most of the time, that I thought I’d only remember the things that I wrote down. I’m very happy that I’m starting to remember other moments, both good and bad, from that period, because it was a very important time in my life.
    • Taking walks almost every day – thanks to these walks, I’ve recently been re-motivated into listening to classes and podcasts while I walk, something I stopped some time ago.
    • My diet is going pretty well; I lost some weight.
    • Starting to notice when I’m binging mindlessly.
    • Instead of using PMO to “deal” with negative thoughts and feelings, I let the feelings sink in, and I’m trying to deal with them.
    • My dreams are more vivid, which is nice.
    • I’m no longer nervous when someone enters my room. I was always afraid of being caught. I feel that I can look my family in the eye now. Heck, I can look myself in the eye without beating myself mentally. It’s great.
    • I usually sleep between 6.5-7 hours a night, and it’s great. I’m more refreshed in the mornings. Not only that, but in the past I could only fall asleep at night if I couldn’t keep my eyes open anymore. Now that I have a set time of going to sleep, I just close my eyes and a couple of minutes later fall asleep.
    • Recently I’ve gotten re-interested in my writing projects.
    • I’ve got more motivation in general for my art and writing.
    Negative changes:
    • Still have urges, obviously.
    • Wet dreams. SO MANY, and they’re driving me crazy. But there’s also something positive in them, that whenever I have one, I use that sadness to push myself to crack down harder on PMO-related thoughts.
    • I’ve found that I need to urinate a lot. Some days it feels almost constant...
    • Some short-term memory loss, though this hasn’t happened in a few weeks, so it may be gone. At least for now…
    Some notes:
    • It’s really important that you learn how to get in touch with your feelings, rather than mindlessly binging on anything – whether it’s PMO-related or not. Be aware of what your feeling, learn to describe those emotions, for example: I’m bored now, I’m sad now, etc. then ask yourself why you’ve become this way and what can be done.
    • Don’t let your guard down. Recently I had a few days where I was thinking to myself: Okay, I can focus now less on the no-PMO aspect of the reboot and focus more on bettering myself. A day later, my urges intensified like crazy.
    • It’s important to find the right motivation. Make sure that the reason you’re in this is the right reason, that’s enough to hold you even when you don’t see anything else going your way. Make sure you’re not doing this for any side benefits, because side benefits won’t necessarily happen. It’s different for every person.
    • Whenever you have an urge, remind yourself that it's completely worth putting in the work to hold yourself back - To rehabilitate yourself, to learn self-control, to strengthen your willpower - there are a lot of reasons.
    • Don’t give up. It’s never a lost cause.
    To finish off, I’ll just say that I’m happy and proud of myself for (finally) having the drive to reboot myself. I’m not planning on ever going back. My goal is to keep on going forward forever. I’ve seen people write here how they’re hoping to get back to “healthy” MOing after their reboot. I believe that’s a mistake; for some reason science wants us to think MOing is perfectly safe. I don’t think it is. In the end, such a person is still getting an unhealthy dopamine rush, still objectifying women in his fantasies. It may not be on the same level as PMO, but it’s still bad.

I wish myself luck on continuing this journey, and to everyone else. Have a nice day.

2. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

congrats on 60 days , inspiring and nice read , I also think its wiser to continue after reboot , as the hardest time is actually this first three months , and you will loose all the benefits soon after you are going old ways ,good luck to you

Shoto Jaya, Sad-Soldier and Hros like this.
  3. 4DCreator

4DCreator Fapstronaut

Great to read this! Well done man. I want to fight this daemon so badly but it is wired in my head so deeply that it is literally as my personality which I live. I believe I can make it.

4. Somanyashes

Somanyashes Fapstronaut

60-days... wow what an achievement. It must feel absolutely amazing.

Grandpa61 and Hros like this.
  5. congrats for 30 days mate.

Hros likes this.
  6. congrats mate for 60 days

Hros likes this.
  7. Sad-Soldier

Sad-Soldier New Fapstronaut

Thank u soo much for your this post. best of luck for your 60 days... and keep it going with this may God helps you...
    Your thoughts should help other to hold their self and be strong committed with it.

8. Rey Rey

Rey Rey Fapstronaut

That's really good man. I felt good reading that and I want to follow in your steps. The road has been tough with many relapses but it's now time to arise.
    Thanks man for the message.

9. I really appreciate your mentality man...with proper knowledge u can beat any bad habit...
    Hope the road is kind to you
    Best of luck ;)
    #There is nothing left to lose & everything to find
    Do it now before you are out of time (lines taken from _DO YOU FEEL ALIVE _ROCK POP MOTIVATIONAL SONG)
    ;)

Hros likes this.
  10. Congrats on 60 days! Huge accomplishment but definitely constantly going to the bathroom every 30 mins is something I’ve had in the past 60-200 days aswell withdrawals symptoms and also VERY intense urges will come soon be careful and good luck!

Hros likes this.
  11. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Thanks!
    Thanks, good luck!
    Thanks, yes it is. In some way, it's worth reaching it just for that feeling of, "wow, 60 days!".
    Thanks!
    Thanks, I hope this does help other people, that's why I wrote it.
    Thanks, Best of luck to you!
    Thanks!
    Thanks!

12. Grandpa61

Grandpa61 Fapstronaut

I enjoyed your 30 & 60 day posts very much. Very insightful. I agree that you must not return to MO as that is what got us here in the firtst place. High speed P just made it worse!

Hros likes this.
  13. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Thanks!

14. captainteemo

captainteemo Fapstronaut

Amazing to read your story i wish i can also achieve the same days thanks for sharing ank keep going :)

Hros likes this.
  15. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Thanks! Good luck on your reboot.

captainteemo likes this.
  16. ChewyChewchew

ChewyChewchew New Fapstronaut

Congratulations! Go for it man! I've just recently joined, but last year I made a 90 day no PM! It felt great and I feel like my life is an open book. So much honesty especially with my wife:) This is my second race so hope to see you guys in the finish line.

Deleted Account likes this.
  17. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Hey, thanks! I'm not married, but for me it's great to be able to look myself in the eye in the mirror.

18. Astro Balthus

Astro Balthus Fapstronaut

thank for posting bro! congrats on your streak!

Hros likes this.
  19. Sam am

Sam am Fapstronaut

انت مصدر الهام

Hros likes this.
  20. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Thanks!