1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One day at a time...steady progress

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by pp7711, Nov 17, 2018.

1. pp7711

pp7711 Fapstronaut

Weekends can be my vulnerable time. However, this forum helps tremendously - thank you all.

This weekend will see me hit 98 days without o and 56 days without p or edging.

I was so proud of myself when I achieved 30 days. 90 (and beyond) is my target.

I have a re-newed determination to succeed. I'm enjoying finding out how my feelings change the longer this improvement continues. I know how I feel if I pmo. It leads to self loathing.

I want to develop a relationship with a girl. I know I am more likely to do this if I am pmo free. I feel more confident already.

Moving forward, always. One day at a time. Stay strong and believe in yourself. Thank you all.

Avene, Asgardian36, Casey54 and 16 others like this.
  2. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

congrats man,keep going ,what is your strongest motivation?

3. titkata92

titkata92 Fapstronaut

Congratulation and keep up the good work!

pp7711 likes this.
  4. Hugoalsace

Hugoalsace Fapstronaut

Great going reaching over three months, would love to get so far myself. Stay strong

pp7711 likes this.
  5. pp7711

pp7711 Fapstronaut

My strongest motivation, good question...

I suppose there are a few.

I stumbled across this community in September. Before this summer I'd tried to cut down on pmo but had never really had the motivation/will power/discipline to put a long enough streak together to feel the benefits.

I'm now feeling the benefits so I'm motivated to keep going.

I feel happier around women and am motivated to meet someone.

As an aside, I decided to stop drinking alcohol for 1 month in January 2016 (dry January). I have just kept this going so am approaching 3 years.

I was never a heavy drinker but have devoloped discipline to see this through. I am piggy backing this with my fight against pmo.

Also, I have never touched drugs but have developed a friendship with someone whose family member is battling a serious addiction. I have seen the damage this particular addiction has done to this family and, although my pmo problem has not caused anywhere near the same impact, I'm conscious of the strength it takes to make a life improving change.

I'm also motivated by the posts I read on here. I'm motivated by the stories and successes. I want to be a part of that success. If reading this is helping you, then I'm motivated by that.

The emergency button also helps. Beforehand, when feeling low, I'd use pmo. It gave temporary satisfaction but now I'd rather get the satisfaction from this or other more healthy sites. Fact: p is unhealthy just like drugs.

Stay strong, no surrender. Always stay positive and never feel sorry for yourself.

6. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

Yes man ,it is motivating to read ,thank you ...couple of years ago i relapsed after almost a month streak after tremendous stress at work , i really needed something rewarding in my shitty day,of course i regreted after all ,but now im also trying to do something nice for me ,replacement of PMO,like walking ,excersising or watching a good movie.I f you learn to deny your strong urges ,then you have control over your mind ,which is ofcourse very dificult to achieve.Stay positive too and keep the good work.

pp7711 and TheFlash123 like this.
  7. Spartan Shibz

Spartan Shibz Fapstronaut

This is awesome man! I hope you meet someone good soon.

pp7711 likes this.
  8. Delighted for you bro. Your story is going in a really good direction.

pp7711 likes this.
  9. DfarmC

DfarmC Fapstronaut

Yes! Your "steady progress" really helped me. I want to be free of this NOW, but it takes time.

Keep going!

10. pp7711

pp7711 Fapstronaut

The steady progress continues..

One day at a time leads to one week at a time. I'm focusing on the short term and longer term. I know I want to improve. Posting here helps me.

This weekend sees 105 days without o and 63 without p or edging.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this site in the last week - I like the community approach to self improvement.

Stay strong, remain focused. Desire to improve.

11. pp7711

pp7711 Fapstronaut

Saturday morning - once a vulnerable time hence posting here as an alternative.

This weekend sees 70 days without p or edging and 112 without o.

Two minutes ago, as a distraction, I stumbled across this video. I liked it so thought I'd share it.

The comment about self improvement rang true.

Stay strong, no surrender, believe in yourself.

12. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

One day at a time......one of the most underrated phenomenons, man! Thank you for making this post!!!

pp7711 likes this.
  13. pp7711

pp7711 Fapstronaut

One day at a time has really rung true this week.

I managed it though and am a couple of weeks away from 90 days. This will coincide with 3 years without alcohol. I'll continue to piggy back that.

Fight, fight and fight some more.