1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you rate life on a scale of 1-10

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 19, 2018.

1. If you were trying to explain it to someone that hasn't been born yet.

2. DogDaysOfLife

DogDaysOfLife Fapstronaut

It depends on who this person gets the privilege of being born as. Some are miserable and others are not. I'll tell them life is about a 3/10 experience. Set their expectations low and they will be grateful for anything nice that happens.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  3. The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger Fapstronaut

Mine is 9/10, really fortunate in life

Coolyorky and Fixmybrain like this.
  4. I would tell them that life is 5/10. That, they will have moments of blessings, and if they make the most out of them, that number will be higher

5. I don’t know what I would rate it but I believe life is bad enough that we shouldn’t even have children anymore. There’s more suffering than there is joy.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  6. It really makes you think.. I can't even being to wrap my mind around how hard life must have been in the medieval ages

7. It wasn’t worth it then, it’s not worth it now. The difference is now we can actually do something about it.

8. I feel the same way at times. I used to love life as an adolescent, now it just feels like I'm trying to keep weight up

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. The world is filled with pain, suffering, sadness and ultimately death. I can’t help but think we’d all be better off if we were never here. I guess you could say I’m an anti-natalist.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  10. I'm familiar with antinatalism. Ever considered adopting kids? Alleviating someone else's suffering could alleviate your own in the process (as you would know) or even rescuing a dog from an animal shelter for example :)

I'd like to think life isn't as black and white as we think sometimes

DogDaysOfLife likes this.
  11. I like animals and I have a few but I would make a horrible parent. I can barely take care of myself.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  12. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

7/10.

It's going well. Nothing amazing, though.

Randy and Fixmybrain like this.
  13. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I'd say it's a 4/10. It could be a lot better but at least I'm not living in a place where there is a civil war going on or a place like North Korea.

Fixmybrain likes this.
  14. Count your blessings. You're breathing. Life is suffering, but it's not of negative connotation. Life is simply a miracle

Fixmybrain likes this.
  15. Too many different variables to consider here. I think that luck has a lot to do with the quality of ones life. You play the hand you're dealt and let's face it, some people just get a shitty hand and have to make the best of it. But I have to say...most people are much better off than they think.

16. Nice, thats more like it! :)

17. risk_taker

risk_taker Fapstronaut

I think it's up to the person that's going to experience, I'll be like hey, "Life's this cool thing and you can be passionate and live life to the fullest to a 10 or you could throw it all away. Whether you passionate about running far or maybe playing a game, who gives a flying fuck? But you can choose to follow other people and not do what you want and suffer on the inside, then it can turn into a big fat zero. Go out there with an open mind and lead your own path. That's what I'd say. :)

Fixmybrain likes this.
  18. I would not recommand it, if you take it all serious and real. The potential pain and felt desperation is enormous.
    But I view it rather as a rollercoaster or ghostride or developed holodeck experience now. So we may feel all the pain, joy, fear and challenges physically, but our true essence/self cannot be damaged or even destroyed by all these sensations and experiences, same as we are not really dead or injured, when playing a violent VR game. So, of course I would play and recommand this fascinating game, if you are longing for the experience, challenges, and sensations.

Fixmybrain likes this.