1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The reason I am lonely.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by DanM, Nov 25, 2018.

1. DanM

DanM New Fapstronaut

I am lonely because I am ashamed of some of the things I have done. This shame creates anxiety in me. The anxiety I live with makes it difficult to form intimate relationships.

I'm not sure if anyone else can relate to this feeling... If you are lonely right now I encourage you try and make your ethical values and actions line up properly. That is the mistake I made a long time ago. My actions were hedonistic and my ethics are more virtue and principle based.

It is very difficult to live a life that is properly aligned. We all have an internal battle to fight. I hope this was helpful to someone. Good luck to you.

2. I agree and I believe in the existence of angels and demons. We can be sheltered by light or hide in shaddows. Sometimes it's necessary to trek through the desert, but friendship is man's only home. As I look back in my life I've let the weight of the past go by, by making new friends and they've taught me that life is beautiful even when it's uggly. There's a reason for all our suffering and salty tears can be as nurturing as wild honey. With that I've stopped asking - Why God? And learnt how fortunate I am for what I've lived through.

tiredofdoingthis likes this.
  3. tiredofdoingthis

tiredofdoingthis Fapstronaut

I think there is much truth to what you've written. I also think some of us aren't given what we need as young children. I think that hurts us in forming good relationships. It has always been a problem for me, but yet, I have kept moving and tried to learn from my parents mistakes. I'm a parent myself now. I think some of us are lonely in life, even when we are with someone special or maybe even if we have friends. I can only go back to this early isolation and lack of nurturing.

4. Yes I too am in the same situation
    Im ashamed of my filthy mind and activities but I also want good social interactions and I fear that people would know about my dark side and go away so why even try.

I feel im not worthy of friendship and companionship every day until one day when im free of all this pmo .

I myself wont bear someone around me who has filthy mind and faps all day , hence its clear for me that other people wont like my presence.

That is the reason why im always irritated and angry and yell at anyone who tries to make me do stuff. I cant even say sorry to them because I know the anger can come anytime due to huge amount of frustrstion built up inside me.
    No matter how much I try to exprees the frustration, it is always never enough to calm me down.

This is what I am going through and I hate my life

5. Badme

Badme Fapstronaut

Anxiety and Fear really suck brother....

6. Badme

Badme Fapstronaut

Don't hate your life. Your life is important. Don't blame yourself of the guilt you done. Keep going and move forward with your life.. past is gone and death brother. Don't ever let it control your life