1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Relapse after Relapse

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Jeff1997, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Jeff1997

Jeff1997 Fapstronaut

I could go a whole day without doing it and not feel anything but the second day is very hard and I find myself in a relapse. After I do it, I hate myself for it. How do I beat day 2 Urges

2. Try taking it hour by hour if need be. Stay busy. Your mind will nag the hell out of you to give in but you gotta stay ahead of it when that happens. Don’t give your mind the chance. It’s going to seem impossible (God knows I struggle) but it’s almost like playing a chess game. Gotta stay a few moves ahead. Find out what works for you. For me it’s been deleting the dating apps and leaving my apt. I feel a lot more free and relieved.

3. torrace

torrace Fapstronaut

I recall I was hitting the Nofap emergency button every 2 hours. Somehow the messages can inspire you to resist and fight the urge!

[​IMG]

4. Estel

Estel Fapstronaut

Man. You can do it. Eat your breakfast then. Go for a walk. Don't come back, walk walk walk and pay yourself a good success coffee. Chill someplace safe. An lets talk again on day 3! We'll discuss about day 4 and other things you could change/try.
    Can't move? Imagine us watching you right now. We're right behind you. Stand up and rise, now!

5. Nats

Nats Fapstronaut

a. change your environment - don't be alone.
    b. do fulfilling disciplines - gym / meditate / yoga
    c. think through easy replacement behaviors when you are triggered and do them when you feel the urge (take a walk, breathe, talk to a friend)

these things have helped , all the best my friend .. this thing is difficult but can definetly be mastered.. stay at it ..

DingDonDing and torrace like this.
  6. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

You really need to commit! Not trying but doing!

7. that is so true

8. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Stay busy, stay out till your bedtime.

9. Estel

Estel Fapstronaut

@Jeff1997 hey Man. Still there? We're waiting for your follow up. Did you beat the 2 days? If not, what went wrong.

10. Jeff1997

Jeff1997 Fapstronaut

I beat 2 days. Got to 4 but last night I failed for day 5

Estel likes this.
  11. Estel

Estel Fapstronaut

For a guy who said he couldnt beat 2, that's a hell of a good run.

Start over and do 5 now!.

Tell us what was the trigger or the situation.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Get me out of this likes this.
  12. Badme

Badme Fapstronaut

Man keep going you can do it

13. That’s ok. You got 4 days that your mind was able to recover. Keep shooting for longer streaks and before you know it, your total days will add up

Estel likes this.
  14. You go 2 days. Then you get angry at yourself and do 4. Then you go on to 4, 6-day dry spells. Then you go to a 10-day streak and feel like a giant and then relapse. And then it gets easier.
    I'm in my longest streak ever.
    It gets easier.

Estel likes this.
  15. KennyKenny123

KennyKenny123 Banned

You know what? Just be loser you want to be. Relapse again and again. Because that's what you are everytime you relapse. And despite that, you still relapse because you're ignorant. You don't care. And this cycle continues untill you stop it yourself, no one can help you. So do you want that life?

16. It appears to me that you’re being just a bit too insensitive with your post.

And all that while you have no reboot clock on your profile.

17. You need burning desire to not do pmo that all