1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

ahoy!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Nov 28, 2018.

1. the welcome message said to introduce myself here, so, um, hi.

i'm new here, (duh), and i'm not quite sure how to get started, but my main priority is to break the habit and reboot.

i'm still young, and although PMO (am i using that right?) hasn't really negatively affected my life yet, i'm aware of the long term consequences and i'd like to stop and cultivate a healthier lifestyle.

what should my first steps be here? how do i get started?

thanks much! love you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap. It's never too early to abstain from PMO. The urges will attack you when you're young, so if you can abstain from them now, you stand a bigger chance of being able to abstain when you get older. The sooner you get control of yourself, the better.

The first thing I would recommend is to find mental images that inspire you. Next time you've got a picture of a woman/man in your head, switch your thoughts onto something that inspires you. One of the most inspiring things I can think of is Jesus on the cross. Another image that can overpower lustful thoughts is in WW2, when the allies attacked the beaches of Normandy. There are images you can set your mind on that will kill sexual thoughts. There may be images that are more powerful to you than to me, but you need to find out what they are.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. suntannedsailor

suntannedsailor Fapstronaut

Congratulations, young man, you are already standing out of the crowd of your peers by having the willingness and courage to set on this journey towards healthier and more fulfilling lifestyle. You will get lots of good advice. A short one from me would be: sports + daily meditation. Sports (apart from many other benefits) will help you get rid of the excess energy and generate endorphins to please your brain. Meditation (the more simple, the better...just sit straight and observe your breath, starting with 10 minutes and then prolonging if you feel like it) will help you watch your thoughts instead of being identified and controlled by them. So then, if during the day, a thought comes "I'd like to watch some P"...you will be able to just observe it and let it go, instead of following the lure of it. And last advice: don't beat yourself up if you trip and fall. Just rise again, learn and get back on your journey. We are all warriors here, and you too. Good luck!

4. The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger Fapstronaut

Good for you to come here! I hope you will find support and lots of info on the subject. It’s totally worth it.

For me it was crucial to make a list in the beginning. A list of my personal reasons and motives for pursue sobriety. That list will never leave me and are still valid to this day. Also a downloaded the app “reboot” to my phone. Really educational! Like a daily friend.

Best of wishes on your new found journey!