1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Delaying Gratification

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jreacher2828, Dec 6, 2018.

1. jreacher2828

jreacher2828 Fapstronaut

Hey gang, just wanted to share some words of wisdom that I've recently come across regarding delaying gratification. In the PMO addication world I think this is something we all need to improve at if we are to find lasting freedom. As you're practicing mindfulness try reflecting on these important points listed below:

• Some people don’t see the value in having patience during difficult times or working toward a goal
      • We want the instant pleasure rather than the greater reward of sex with a loved one. Remind yourself, this instant pleasure will result in long term ED (or whatever negative consequence you have experienced)
    • We often make our life choices according to how we can avoid pain in the moment and, in doing so, fail to see that the path of delayed gratification is sometimes where the real solutions to our problems lie.

• we must learn to tolerate the discomfort of delayed gratification if we have a greater purpose or goal in mind

• People who learn how to manage their need to be satisfied in the moment thrive more in their careers, relationships, health and finances than people who give in to it

• Over time, delaying gratification will improve your self-control and ultimately help you achieve your long-term goals faster.

• The things in life that bring us immediate gratification don’t necessarily bring out the best in us. They just ease our discomfort for the moment. (They numb us)

• Studies show that delayed gratification is one of the most effective personal traits of successful people
    Stay strong my friends! Keep fighting the fight.

2. IWantToChange:')

IWantToChange:') Fapstronaut

I agree and that's what I will do.

jreacher2828 likes this.
  3. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Thanks for this post, man! I appreciate it!

jreacher2828 likes this.