1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

male virginity

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by master90days, Jan 31, 2015.

1. master90days

master90days Fapstronaut

Tonight I went out to a student bar. When I was at the bar playing pool, I had to stop before playing a shot so a guy could get passed. One of his friends on the table next to the pool table, shouted "Don't mind him he is just a virgin" about this friend, who just walked pass me.

I felt sorry for the guy that got shouted at like that, simple because I am myself a 25 year old virgin and I enjoy being a virgin.

However my question is this: How come we make female virginity like the purest thing on earth and the best thing on earth since slice bread? Is it because of reproduction, that women can get pregnant and men can not, therefore it is more an investment on their part. Or is because we treat women like sexual objects, therefore an unused object is desired more?

Also how come when it comes to male virginity, it something to be laughed and teased at?

ps. I am a virgin out of my choice, not someone else and no it is not because of religious reasons.Or Lack of dating experience. My standards in women just go out up every year, that is it. (I am working on myself first before I go back into the world of dating).

2. EdwardVIII

EdwardVIII Fapstronaut

I think that throughout history we have prized female virginity and view male virginity as childish. That a man must have sex in order to be a man, at least in the western world. That a man losing his virginity is something that needs to be boasted about. Hopefully someday our society will view virginity regardless of gender as one of the best things a person can keep hold of. Congratulations man on choosing to be a virgin and holding on to that idea of personal purity.

3. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

I agree, it seems like guys talk about losing it as quick as possible just to "get it over with" although seems like girls are also similar these days, from what I can tell.

Being a virgin is one of the best things you can give someone you truly love. It's even better than giving one night of great sex.

4. EdwardVIII

EdwardVIII Fapstronaut

Well said monster_carrot

5. Jalus

Jalus Fapstronaut

I'm here with you bud, I'm a virgin also, and by choice--there have a been a few times in my life where I could have changed that.

I think that men trying to lose their virginity to be seen as men is archaic. Why? Because sex isn't tied up strictly with marriage anymore. Back when, if you were married, you were seen as a man. You had the responsibilities of a man, and had a family to take of and provide for. You were in the tribe of men.

Nowadays, there are 12 and 13-year-old boys with barely any hair on their balls losing their virginity and boasting about it. No way in hell does that make them men.

6. EdwardVIII

EdwardVIII Fapstronaut

I completely agree with you jalus, that society needs to change it's view because those young males are trying to be seen as men long before they reach adulthood. And just because they have sex they are still boys who are trying to satisfy their need to meet societies standard of "manhood".

7. master90days

master90days Fapstronaut

If you were that guy, that got shouted at for being a virgin. Would you still be friends with those peoples? I do not think, I would. Or if so. I would tell them, I do not care. I am happy being a virgin and you do not need to put me down, to make yourself fill happy about yourseleves. The truth is I did not develop the confidence I have today, like that kid at that age. Sadly. Really sad though, is that teenager, is going to go home. Think to himself, what is wrong with himself. Then start PMO.

Rather than seeing the positives, and knowing what to do in the future.

8. EdwardVIII

EdwardVIII Fapstronaut

Well said mickster!