1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Intro post

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Blackberrybush, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Blackberrybush

Blackberrybush Fapstronaut

I am a young adult female that has made the decision to stop PMO. I did not know I was so attached. I didn’t know females could M until someone told me in 6th grade. Then I wanted to find out how. It went downhill from there. I would stay up late, go to work/school late, and just slowly spend my free time obsessing. By the time I turned 20, I observed my unrealistic view of sex made me loathe sex in real life. I am extremely uncomfortable with everyone and believe they are all secretly sex freaks. I thought I was only deserving of abuse, but I am so grateful to be made in the image of God who tells me I am worth so much more. I just recently found nofap through the memes, and am so happy to join a community of people who know there is more to life than PMO.

2. Welcome to NoFap!
    So happy to see you here making a public statement against PMO and how you're ready to break free. The journey will not be an easy one but it's doable and so so worth it. Soon you'll be reaping the benefits. :)

3. Blackberrybush

Blackberrybush Fapstronaut

Thank you. I’ve started to notice some benefits. For example, I despised talking to men and even being looked at by men because I believed they were all trying to have sex with me. While I still have that feeling, I also have a little thought that views them more than just sexually hungry people. It’s made me more confident and less awkward in public; I no longer wear an angry face. Any words of advice as the journey continues?

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. I'm happy to hear your more confident and relaxed in public. My advice to you is to ignore as best as you can the tempting thoughts or else they'll control you and manipulate you into a relapse. Don't panic when they come just focus on something else. Also retrace your steps to see why you fell into the trap of addiction. This can help you understand your journey, your vulnerability so you can develop a strategy to fight back and for emotional healing to take place. :)

Blackberrybush likes this.
  5. Welcome to NoFap!
    Cute username!