1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of Depression and Anxiety - MY TIPS

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 14, 2018.

1. This is what I wrote to one user in his journal today. I believe it can help others who are going through this period which can be difficult.

1) COLD SHOWERS - in the morning & before sleep, sure also during the day or if you really feel like shit then right in that moment, try what is best for you, it´s proven that it can decrease anxiety and depression, also it builds your mindset because you do something that isn´t much pleasure like a warm bath. It strengthens your will and determination to overcome obstacles, being a warrior, not a worrier.

2) DO NOT THINK ABOUT YOURSELF - modern "esoteric" said that you must think about yourself all the time. Guess what happen if you think about yourself for a long period? You found shit, shit about yourself, any kind of words like you are shit, looser, bad person, nothing, zero, that´s bad, that´s worse, etc. What is better? :emoji_point_down:

3) ACTION, STAY IN MOVE - guess what, if you have something to do, you don´t think about yourself.

- EXERCISE
    - hit the gym or go running - it releases endorfin, that´s the reason you feel awesome and proud on yourself after the working out. Also, during your regular exercise, your self-confidence increases, because you are working on yourself, unlike the others who roll on the couch and complain about everything.

- WALK IN A PRESENT MOMENT - go for a walk and look on the objects - flowers, trees, cars, animals, whatever you can see around.

- DO WHAT YOU LIKE - draw something, take a photo, any creation, anything that employs you, and you will not think about yourself.

4) LOOK FOR INSPIRATION - Watch the people who are lifting you up. Read the things that lift you up (personal growth books, audio, listening to some good uplifting music). Do not spend time with people who use criticism and complain. Why? You start doing it anyway, whether you want it or not. With who you the most, that´s who you become. Surround yourself with people who inspire and motivate you.

And trust me, I had around 3-4 times in my life REALLY hard and a true depression for a couple of months, almost kill myself. So I know what´s going on and that it can be really hard. But also I know that you can be again a strong person and pretty confident.

Believe in yourself.

You can rise & shine again. :emoji_star2:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2018
  2. KeepGoingStayStrong!

KeepGoingStayStrong! Fapstronaut

Hey man thanks for this, the real thing is i cant feel a thing, also when i speak to someone i cant enjoy it.

Lawliet129 and Deleted Account like this.
  3. You´re welcome.

I´ve been there. Also felt very sad when I spoke with anybody.

In fact, only thing that I did was workout in the gym. No matter how shit I felt, I cried and be in a deep black hole the whole days, but 1-2 hours I was doing my workout and found that this is one thing that I really love and will do it no matter what or how shitty my mood is.

Let me know if you try those tips, how it goes. I believe it can really helps if you take your will and strength and give those advice a chance.

Try cold shower - not just a "normal" water, but step to your shower or bath, take a shower hose and let that coldest water you have in your home wash your body gradually. Take around 2-3 minutes. It can be really "shocking" for the first time, but 2nd and 3rd try it will be much better and next showers would be very pleasure at the final. During cold shower I felt always HEALTHY ANGRY if my mood was shit, because I found what is the problem and realize what can I do it. Also felt like a god after that bloody cold shower. It can really do the magic.

So start with that shower and look what you feel after that, maybe your mood will improve and you do other things in the list upside.

Stay strong!

4. KeepGoingStayStrong!

KeepGoingStayStrong! Fapstronaut

Thanks bro i already workout for 6 days in the week, but i will definitely try the cold showers.

Deleted Account likes this.