1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Hi Dolittle. I'll put your name down and tag you in a comment when when there's an opening (probably in a week or so).

discovery and Deleted Account like this.
  2. TheGhostWhoWalks

TheGhostWhoWalks Fapstronaut

That's awesome. I am glad I was able to make it on the boat. Looking forward to participating.

discovery and artifact like this.
  3. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

Yes. I know you don't need it, but the book Caffeine Blues was a real eye-opener. After reading that I went caffeine free for 3 years (with the exception of Coke mixers at bars/clubs- was happy to make that exception). Then, I changed jobs to one that was a lot more demanding.. and suddenly the caffeine creeped back. I had a couple good runs after that, but none longer than 6 months. At the moment I'm more focused on the PMO and being carb-free; don't want to bite off more than I can chew. But it would be great not to be hooked on caffeine again.

Interesting you mention that about the powerlifter, because about two days ago I did the same thing, bumped up to 1 meal/ 23 hour fast. I am definitely getting more into the swing of things, because at first I couldn't even leave the house and now I'm eating one meal a day and still being able to get out to the park and go walking for 2-3 hours. But don't think I'll ever become ripped ;)

And thanks for the welcome! I look forward to seeing your progress as well.

Thanks man! Yes, I am driven by looking forward to Mondays these days- the days when I get on the scale and see the week's progress! And yeah, green tea is way healthier. Less caffeine, and a plethora of health benefits. Once I'm in more control of the new regimen, I may make that shift as well. I used to live in South Korea, and green tea is a VERY big deal there. A whole nation would approve of your decision. 40 days already! Wow, we are almost halfway to 90! A steak sounds amazing (and encouraged actually on this diet), but never been a gym guy. Walking, pushups and climbing the stairs up and down in my building works for me. But a celebration is definitely in order! :D

Thanks Artifact! Looks like we squeaked in just in time.

Congratulations man! The second 30 should be easier than the first.

artifact, RightEffort and Freeman82 like this.
  4. FreebirdFH

FreebirdFH Fapstronaut

Keep going back to 0 days myself but feeling like I've moved forward a lot since it's definitely less time spent with PMO. Seeing how helpful it could be to keep this up.

Still trying to get blockers set up. Having an issue getting a good blocker for Android. Anyone have a suggestion? Covenant doesn't work fully on Android. Would be great to get one for smart tv too. Thinking blocking on router OpenDNS may do the trick. Anyone have experience blocking from the router?

5. FreebirdFH

FreebirdFH Fapstronaut

That's awesome Artifact! Inspiring that it can be done. Realizing myself that things were much better in many ways before starting FAP the first time eons ago. Realizing that what I think is so pleasurable is an incredible waste of time of and energy.

artifact likes this.
  6. I looked for a good filter/blocker program for years and tried several of them. (Probably the best one was Net Nanny... it is available on Android.) I finally gave up on filters because I was always able to find a way around the things. Had my greatest success in nofap after I stopped using them, strangely enough. Psychologically, not having one puts you completely in the driver's seat. In other words, you can't blame the filter for your relapses anymore. And you spend a lot less time trying to find a way around them, which allows you to concentrate on your recovery more.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Espi1971 and discovery like this.
  7. discovery

discovery Fapstronaut

What artifact said. I tried a filter once and it was easy to get around it. And I've read posts recently on this site where a guy relapsed from looking at a financial news anchor and another at the imdb website (movie review site, which i've always considered as extremely innocent); it's ridiculous. As artifact said, a filter may not be the answer. How about making a rule for yourself that you will only use your computer in public places? Maybe bring it to a coffee shop and do everything you want to do, then don't touch it at home. Just a thought.

Freeman82 and artifact like this.
  8. TheGhostWhoWalks

I can't recall where I heard it but somebody said once that SA is like being a crack addict if they put crack on every street corner for free. It really does boil down to our ability to exert willpower.

9. FreebirdFH

FreebirdFH Fapstronaut

Will look into Net Nanny.Thanks very much!

artifact likes this.
  10. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

If a spot opens up.... I'm 49 and looking for a smaller group for accountability.

discovery likes this.
  11. OK AEC Josh2415, I will let you know.

12. Is there still room to join this group?

13. Currently the group is full, but I can let you know when we have an opening.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Morning all. Woke up at the crack of dawn this morning, 5am. I was delighted when thanks to nofap i started waking at 7am. I hope 5 is not the new 7! Hope y'all have a great day with good energy and connection

15. TheGhostWhoWalks

Good morning all. This is my weekly update.

On the positive side I haven't engaged in any PMO since Monday. I feel as if I have some good traction in this attempt and a good base of data to draw from. I am also starting to understand not just what and when my triggers are but maybe getting deeper into why they are triggers. Not surprisingly a lot of it boils down to avoiding other problems and negative feelings. I am also finding that my diet has a lot to do with my emotional state. Right now I am not eating particularly clean and the ups and downs of caffeine and sugar are taking my emotional state on the same roller coaster ride as my metabolism.

On the not so good side my energy has been pretty low. My motivation to do just about anything other than come on here and write is pretty much non-existent. I have also had some wicked urges in the last 24 hours that were pretty tough to battle through.

discovery likes this.
  16. Traction is a good way to describe it. Sometimes I have tried to stay away from pmo without feeling that the journey could last. But when you feel this traction you know you can go far if you really want to.

17. FreebirdFH

FreebirdFH Fapstronaut

Still at 0 days but feel less addicted in the past week since I joined group and once a day is an improvement for me. Motivating to see so many people with long streaks. Confusing though - can't a person's streak be long just because they haven't updated the counter?

18. Mitsuro

Mitsuro Fapstronaut

Back at day zero. I’ve found it so difficult to get going again after relapsing, I honestly don’t know how I got to 29 days. I will beat this shit though.

Espi1971, FreebirdFH and artifact like this.
  19. Thanks for the update, Ghost. I've been feeling pretty unmotivated myself for the last couple of days as I have also been fighting some urges. They will eventually pass, I hope, and I'll be able to feel productive again. The lows in abstinence can be pretty rough sometimes, but the highs make it worthwhile.

TheGhostWhoWalks likes this.
  20. That's the attitude, Mitsuro. We will all beat it together.