1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does no one like to work hard anymore ? (Referring to media).

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Kman20, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

This is just something that I’ve always had in the back of my mind for nearly a decade now. Or ever since the big boom of smart phone use which I would like to say was around 2012. Where everyone uses one.

Well I just got done revisiting one of my favorite anime DBZ and wow I had forgotten how much work was put into it. Most 90s anime and media had so much hard work and passion put into it. The animation the story the characters oh my god. You just don’t see that nowadays and when you do it’s highly praised. Back then though it seemed to be the norm. It’s like we’ve dropped in quality.

Modern Dragon ball is so lazy looking. The animation, story, and characters are trash. You can not compare the two. It just makes me think we’re getting lazier and lazier. Putting less work into things we do. And it’ll just get worse and our overall standard for art has dropped significantly.

2. PeterGH

PeterGH New Fapstronaut

It seems to me, even with smartphones, people still work a lot.

3. TomGHP

TomGHP New Fapstronaut

I completely agree with you, I feel this for myself, as I work as a copywriter and constantly write texts. The amount of work is large and you need to get everything in time. This site helps me to check my texts faster https://edubirdie.com/paraphrasing-tool

4. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

In terms of entertainment I don’t think people do anymore. The majority of movies nowadays are just cg pron without much depth and good story.

The consensus for most movies nowadays are more of what would like cool in cg that we all want to see. It’s the immediate gratification playing out in the big screen instead of thr slow burning profound feeling we got from the classics.

The transformer movies are the most obvious example. Who the fuck goes to watch that for the story ? NO ONE we just want to see the robots fight. Admit it that’s the only thing we care about. That’s how most media is nowadays, immediate gratification. A lot of directors don’t really work on their characters or messages, the things that make a movie good, instead they look at what will sell. It’s not about expressing themselves anymore it’s about the quick cash in.

At least the Marvel movies still somewhat have good stories and characterization. That’s why DC looks so bad in contrast.