1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fighting Procrastination

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Rafaldini, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Rafaldini

Rafaldini Fapstronaut

One of my worst habits is, that I procrastinate.
    What do you guys do to get things done?

2. Bretto

Bretto Fapstronaut

Putting a podcast on while I do boring stuff like cleaning helps me. Casefile true crime has been keeping me company lately!

Rafaldini likes this.
  3. Rafaldini

Rafaldini Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply.
    I also thought it would be great to have a forum like nofap where the social atmosphere is like "if you get your stuff done you are great". :p You know what I mean?

4. 1 Tes. 4:3

1 Tes. 4:3 Fapstronaut

I try to "do just a little". When I don't feel like doing something (say to write an article for example), I force myself to just write paragraph. When I don't feel like exercising, I convince me to just "do 5 pushups". Usually and end up doing the full task or at least great part of it. It works for me.

Bretto and yosoy111 like this.
  5. Spongegar

Spongegar Fapstronaut

Well, my opinion is that you can learn to do things without endless procrastination just like other habits. Train yourself to complete your tasks - 'right now'. It is easy to start very small and then repeatedly increase the time and energy you invest in your goal, but it is necessary to be consistent.

My example is meditation. I haven't done it for a longer time and it was hard to just continue where I stopped. So I started with few deep mindful breaths throughout the day, then meditated 4-5 minutes for few days, now I do 10 to 15 minutes every morning.

This is the best article if you want to go deep with it. Read it thoroughly, more then once if needed and write down what you need, it's pretty long (worth it).

Anonymous86 likes this.
  6. su1cide

su1cide Fapstronaut

I've watched Youtube video about it and I got really great advice.

Just start doing little jobs, for example go clean wash a dish, then you'll see that you will wash all the dishes and then you can move on to other stuff that requires a lot of hard work, thinking and etc. It's because brain turns into work mode and you stop procrastinating. It works because that's how human works (lol), physical activity is what makes brain active. It's hard to explain :p