1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep pattern 40/8

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mr.Shaman, Dec 27, 2018.

Is it healthy?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not sure

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Mr.Shaman

Mr.Shaman Fapstronaut

Hi everyone. I'm new here and decided that it would be best to post it here.

I started NoFap with the sole purpose of self improvement. I changed my diet, started taking cold showers, meditate, identified my purpose in life and started a diary. It all happened in the last 2 months. I find NoFap extremely powerful in this journey. First streak lasted 14 days, second 25 days and currently I'm on my 3rd streak(4 full days). I believe I'm about to finally get through it.

So 2 weeks ago I noticed something. That I don't really need that much sleep. To be honest, it was always hard for me to fall asleep. Now with NoFap it seemed quite literally impossible. I could stay 3-4 hours just lying down on my bed and not even feel sleepy in the end. So, I decided to skip one night... Second day I fell asleep at 9 p.m., slept like a baby and woke up on my own at 6 a.m without an alarm. So I started implementing it in my life as an experiment. Now I'm writing it at 11:30 p.m. going for my 40 hours streak. I became so much more productive and I got so much more done. In fact, I counted that it gives me about 25% more time than if I slept every day. I now have 305 days of wakefulness in a year instead of 244. That's freaking 61 days, 2 additional months of life in a year.

I couldn't really find much information about this pattern of sleep on the internet. I feel just as I would do on my normal regimen. The only thing I worry about is negative harmful long-term effects. Has any of you tried it yourself?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    A41:14A and GratifiedSlave like this.
  2. 1 Tes. 4:3

1 Tes. 4:3 Fapstronaut

It is quite interesting what you are saying. I have read about 4 hour a day sleep patterns (taking several naps) and things like that. I have stayed awake for about 24 hours using 20 minutes naps sometimes and it has helped me to be more productive, but my body ended up compensating in the following days in which I had to sleep more until I didn't feel groggy.

It would be interesting to see the results of your experiments for a longer time.

Mr.Shaman likes this.
  3. Mr.Shaman

Mr.Shaman Fapstronaut

Sure, I'll keep you posted. It seems like very few people wish to pursue this regimen.

1 Tes. 4:3 likes this.
  4. Mr.Shaman

Mr.Shaman Fapstronaut

If you are still interested, I ended up with the following schedule: Skip Monday night, sleep on Tuesday (8 hours), skip Wednesday night, sleep on Thursday (8 hours), skip Friday night and sleep on Saturday (12 hours) and Sunday (8-10 hours). So I still have more time but it seems my body somewhat tries to compensate those hours at weekends.

I had dizziness the first week and the hardest part was to stay on experiment and sleep on certain hours, it's easy to disrupt the whole cycle by accidentally falling asleep in the afternoon. Second week was better. On third week my body seems to have adopted the new regimen and fully adapted. We'll see how it goes.

5. 1 Tes. 4:3

1 Tes. 4:3 Fapstronaut

Great info, I might consider trying.