1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just completed 90 days - here's my Top 10 Tip List

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by scottfree, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Alpha Male

Alpha Male New Fapstronaut

This is really encouraging. thanks for sharing

2. scottfree

scottfree Fapstronaut

Fran1981, ping me. I can be your accountability partner if you would like the support. Let's put a plan together. SF

3. LCPrime

LCPrime New Fapstronaut

Very encouraging, thank you for sharing this

4. Witt

Witt Fapstronaut

This was really helpful being through one month and moving on to higher and higher goals. Hope the best for you man.

5. BeginningOfNewLife

BeginningOfNewLife Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for sharing this. It motivated me to start NoFap again, which I had stopped.

6. IM_A_CHAMPION

IM_A_CHAMPION New Fapstronaut

7. scottfree

scottfree Fapstronaut

Developing a Personal Strategy.

I’ve recently been emailing with a few people on NoFap that seem to be struggling in the very beginning. I can relate as I went through numerous stops and starts before I finally got some traction and made it past the first two to three weeks. Developing a personal strategy and approach was a huge step for me in making NoFap progress. (During the 90-day reboot, I didn’t realize that’s what I was doing, but looking back it is very clear, I had developed a personal strategy to getting through the 90 days, which can be very painful and frustrating at times.)

Here are some threads to review that have powerful input on how people have gotten through the 90-day re-boot. These Fapstronauts have developed strategies and behavioral patterns to get through the withdrawals, to change their mindset and to get on to a better life. If you are starting this process and serious about changing your life, study these threads and learn from these guys – they are willing to share their knowledge. There is a lot of commonality in these threads and suggestions that you can adapt to fit your situation.

William’s “Learn to Love Withdrawals” Post – a must read.
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/showthread.php?2402-Get-educated-get-tools-and-learn-to-love-withdrawals

Insights from a 17 year old that made it through 90 days.
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/showthre...90-days-and-how-why-I-plan-to-never-fap-again

Captain B’s tips on getting through a reboot.
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/showthread.php?18284-Over-100-days-of-NoFap

Galaxim has spent some time finding links to some of the most inspirational success stories.
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/showthread.php?23430-Selection-of-the-best-success-stories

How Loren did it. I like Loren’s part about withdrawals. Powerful.
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/showthread.php?15431-12-weeks-quot-sober-quot-today

Here is what helped Tab, including prayer and fasting! Has anyone else fasted during their re-boot? Let me know.
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/showthre...rrow!!!-Struggles-amp-what-s-helped-me-so-far

Mark has some excellent insights about the re-boot process. Read what he has to say about the “addictive voice”. Wow.
    http://www.nofap.com/forum/showthread.php?6279-Thoughts-on-my-90-day-reboot-(and-beyond!)

Best to you all, SF.

8. Fran1981

Fran1981 Fapstronaut

Thanks Scott found it. Will check these out

9. mundocorde

mundocorde Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot, Scott.

Could you tell us how do you meditate?

On the same fashion, do you pray? How?

Thanks in advance.

10. scottfree

scottfree Fapstronaut

Hi Mundocorde, when I meditate I connect with my heart. When thoughts come in I gently go back to my heart. When I pray, I state what the concern is. I don't pray to receive or get something. I just simply state the need. Sometimes, I am full of gratitude and I just say thank you, thank you, thank you. SF

11. JimmyParacas

JimmyParacas Fapstronaut

I fasted on brown rice for a few days during the first 90.

It depends on your body type wether you want to fast or not.

As for me, I have a very fast metabolism and lost some muscle during the fast. You should read some stuff on ayurvedic dieting If you want to fast.

Praying is awesome, though.

12. scottfree

scottfree Fapstronaut

Good things are worth repeating. I just read this on nericwilson's thread. This relates to so many NoFap posts and what people have done when they re-boot. I think it's fascinating how its put into technical terms, yet it is basically the same thing. It's a great find.

13. Odog

Odog Fapstronaut

Great Post!

14. SF, your posts are inspiring me...starting out...again. Thanks for being an encourager.

15. atmatm23

atmatm23 Fapstronaut

Really good post. Man those long streaks are great but when you cave it sucks. My last was 54 days trying 120 now.

16. brickhead16

brickhead16 Fapstronaut

""A follow up note on this - I have found this to be a learned behavior that provides a great benefit to the entire re-boot process. You will have sensual thoughts (for sure) when you get established on the NoFap path. Just keep your hands above the waistline - and these thoughts will begin to pass in a natural way. This tip is so simple and obvious, but its one of the best weapons in the entire arsenal.

The idea of "learning to love withdrawls" allowed me to re-think what I was going through. Instead of craving stimulus I began to view this as a Another way to phrase this, "Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.""

Such amazing thoughts and ideas you've shared. I feel like they might be hard to understand for a lot of people, but I feel such a personal understanding of what your saying. I think everybody on here can really relate to what you've said. I find it amazing that no matter how different we can be, that we can probably all relate to these same feelings and experiences, I really am learning to enjoy allowing urges to pass, it feels like I'm winning at life.

Like you quoted "become comfortable with being uncomfortable." At first glance this looks like non-sense yet it is just endlessly wise. Thank you for sharing!

17. scottfree

scottfree Fapstronaut

Thanks guys. I think it is important to post things that are hopeful. Simply, because there is hope. We can change and there are a bunch of people on nofap blazing the way. And, Atmanm23 - no kidding! When a streak end it is painful. I kept looking daily at my tracker...to get up to the 65 day again and then to pass that milestone. That was such an impetus to keep going. As we go up the mountain, the path gets narrower. But, man, the vistas are something else. Peace. SF

18. Truthseeker

Truthseeker Fapstronaut

Hey! Does falling in a kind of platonic love result in any improvements here?
    Any Ideas?

19. scottfree

scottfree Fapstronaut

Truthseeker, that depends on the qualities of the lover and the beloved. SF

20. makaw

makaw Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing.