1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

FB detox in January

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Dec 31, 2018.

1. I'm going to take a break from Facebook trough January :) I am often triggered by the media when I see good looking guys in my friend suggests and I'm also sexting a lot trough FB Messenger. I might return in February and if that happends, I installed a plugin to my browser that hides away the timeline so it gets easier to avoid spending hours scrolling trough FB.

In other news I have lived without my cell phone for a couple of weeks now. That's actually not hard at all. My computer is a Macbook and my phone is an iPhone so I'm able to send iMessages to most people I know or making Facetime calls. I wonder if it's still easy when i leave FB for a while? I have a friend without Apple who knows my issues but doesn't want to download the only IM-app that I'm using in January so I guess he will be hard to get in touch with :/

ShotDunyun and GratifiedSlave like this.
  2. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I deleted my account a few years ago and never looked back. See how you feel after a month.

ShotDunyun and Deleted Account like this.
  3. ShotDunyun

ShotDunyun Fapstronaut

I did it about a month ago or so. I dont miss it. At first I thought it was going to be impossible. It's way easier than it sounds

4. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

Same with IG and all that shit.

5. I deleted my Facebook account about 2 years ago and I don’t know if I’ll ever return. If I do go back it will be just to communicate with my family and close friends.

6. Yes, I'm also thinking of doing that. Ok, i'm in.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I'm on day 2 without FB and here are my thoughts:

I like it very much so far. I have had to tell people how to contact me in the future since FB was my main tool for contact. One of my APs is really struggling with FB too and it feels stupid that he doesn't wanna give it a go with a FB break too.

Jesus tells us to cut off the hand that lead us to sin and I realize that this might be just what he meant. If Facebook is causing you to relapse, delete it.

8. The sun is the limit

The sun is the limit Fapstronaut

Will also delete FB and IG on my phone now. Still have access through my MacBook, but it is for sure a difference

9. Marcelo48

Marcelo48 Fapstronaut

Good luck with it man. When you're comfortable try to delete your account. You won't miss it.

10. Update: Just bought a software called Cold Turkey. It allows me to make a schedule on how I want to use my computer. It has a pre made list of distracting websites, but you can also make your own list if you wanna make a trigger list that gets blocked. You are able to edit the schedule exept you cannot loosen up on the weekday you are in. Today it's Wed which means that I am able to add restrictions but I cannot remove them for Wed until tomorrow and so on. That prevents that you are just cheating if you want to relapse. You can also create a password for higher security and give it to your AP.

The downs is that as far as I know, its impossible to combine 2 or more lists at the same time. I really wanted to have a trigger-list that was blocked 24/7 and then a Distraction list that allowed me to watch youtube 1 hour a day but that isn't possible yet :(

If you can live with the downside then it seems like a really good software and you can even cut of the internet momentarily if you are in too deep. :)

jwitcher likes this.