1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I went to a Mormon dance last night.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 1, 2019.

1. I get invited to go to a Mormon dance last night for New Year's. Come to find out that the Mormon Church holds stake dances where single young adults over 18 go to mingle. Basically everything was like High School, except the fact that most women WILL dance with you unless you are a massive creeper.

It came with everything, non alcoholic beverages, food, chaperones (50+) etc. Beta men crying on the side for being rejected brutally in their own Church. A massive number of white, blonde, blue eyed people.

I slow danced with more women in a night then my entire lifetime before that point.

2. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Good for you friend. I am scared of dances, probably I would end up in the "beta" corner.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. that sounds pretty fun n cute!

4. If my beliefs weren't so far removed from Mormonism I would consider conversion. I'll admit it's a serious temptation. It was like meeting my group again, my race, people who believed something only slightly different than me. It felt like I was home. Perhaps God is testing me. Presenting me with a grand temptation. A congregation that is 96% white and on the surface Christan. A group with strong family values, with intact families. With healthy habits, and thus healthy bodies.

I need to pray for strength to resist going back.

EthanW. likes this.
  5. A nu start

A nu start Fapstronaut

Cool story. I would like to start going to church and meeting people <30. Possibly to find a romantic partner but just as friends also.

I don't know if you necessarily have to become a mormon but maybe just try putting yourself in more of these types of situations where you can meet people who aren't like your typical millenials.

Thywillbedone likes this.
  6. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

lol

Hros and Coffee Candy like this.
  7. 2 Corinthians 11:14

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

I need to put some serious distance between myself and the LDS.

8. Thywillbedone

Thywillbedone New Fapstronaut

"If my beliefs weren't so far removed from Mormonism I would consider conversion."
    You know truth, do not therefore even consider going back into darkness my brother.

"I'll admit it's a serious temptation." It was like meeting my group again, my race, people who believed something only slightly different than me. It felt like I was home. Perhaps God is testing me. Presenting me with a grand temptation. A congregation that is 96% white and on the surface Christan. A group with strong family values, with intact families. With healthy habits, and thus healthy bodies."

God isn't tempting you brother, it's the accuser. HaSatan. You ID him in your next post.

It's not only slight brother. It's a whole new gospel, as Paul would say. One where god used to be a man, and men can become gods. They take away from, and add unto the LAW of GOD. Listen to that strong voice inside you. Just because people use the same words doesn't mean they are talking about the same thing. Maybe you can get one of them alone and sit down and watch some Jeff Durbin on your phone or something, but do not ever consider changing your relationship with your Father and our Christ for a woman, or a fellowship with unbelievers in this life.

Love you man,

You will be in my prayers tonight (I made an account just to reply to this post),

The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
    The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
    The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

9. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

That is amazing. You identify a number of positive traits in a group, ones that you are actively pursuing in your life, yet you reject the group because of theological differences.

The extent to which genes will reject reproductive compatibility in order to maximize the perception of reproductive success is absolutely fascinating.

I guess you are saving yourself trouble down the road, because Mormons have a notorious in-group preference based on genuine subjugation to their beliefs. But, still, a rejection based upon a 6 out of 7 compatibility score, with the appropriate religious denomination being the missing point. I am impressed.

10. What jams do you play at a Mormon dance? I'm sure Lil'Pump wasn't on the playlist...ABBA?

11. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i like religious girls they always appear excited an happy , id join morons just for the blonde blue eye girls, can morons marry several wives

12. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

A Freudian slip? Lol