1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Crucial milestone reached at 230 days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Westsidejimmy, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Westsidejimmy

Westsidejimmy Fapstronaut

So here is my story.

Hardcore PMO addict for over 20 years. That's right. Do you have any idea how much time we used to burn when AOL was still around.

Started trying to get clean about 3 years ago. Had symptoms for at least the last 15 years. Everything anyone has ever described and more.

Started to really break in July 2017. Complete bottom out by the holidays 2017. Lots of doctors visits for months. No one can find anything wrong except a little elevated blood pressure. Felt like crap for years prior.

In May 2018 I went hardcore mode which lasted about 100days. Started sex with the wife around 100 days. But it still sucked. Post coital headaches were there.

Now I'm 238 days in no PMO. I'm allowing M once a month depending on relations with the wife.

Changes:

Back and neck pain almost gone.
    Penis went thru stages. For a few months it shriveled up. About 6 months in it became a hog. Very large when flaccid and very sensitive.

I don't know about superpowers but definitely a huge difference interacting with women. Recently I was out with a bunch of mutual friends wth the wifefor Karaoke. Some lady sat down next to me and kept pawing me to the point my wife was getting pissed at her. Before when a woman approached I would look at the floor to avoid any wandering eyes.
    Not constantly scanning women anymore. It changes the power dynamic big time.

And here is a big one. I was looking for something online yesterday and for some reason a bunch of P SUBS popped up out of nowhere. This stuff is pervasive and these people are pushers. The difference is that I felt nothing. No urges, no need to click and follow. None of it. 1 year ago this would have sent me down a rabbit hole for at least an hour. This time it was a combination of disgust and pity for the girls.

I think I'm finally clean and unchained from the devil PMO. I won't lie however. I do still have some PAWS symptoms but they are much better than the hell on earth of the first 6 months.

Keep strong and make your relationships matter.

2. Minnesotan

Minnesotan Fapstronaut

Thanks for the inspiration. I’m on day 3. Lol. Gotta start somewhere.

3. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

Has you diet changed? Weight changed?
    How is your blood pressure now? Did you start medication?

4. Westsidejimmy

I started taking Butterbur extra, vitamin D3, fish oil, and had to go on amlodopine for BP. I changed to intermittent fasting. I only eat between 11 am and 7 to 8 pm. I just found out about histamine sensitivity a couple months ago so I stopped all dairy smoked meats ect. I've lost weight and gained half of it back. Blood pressure is down to 125/75 so they might take me off the meds if it keeps improving.

5. ClaritySeeker

ClaritySeeker Fapstronaut

Sounds like you're doing well. Just make sure your Butterbur is PA free and make sure your vitamin D dose is not too high. I would also look into algae oil instead of fish oil (which has mercury contamination - even when they claim to be filtered out for mercury - some science journals have showed the claims can be false). It's good that you got rid of dairy and smoked meats, more plant-based diets can improve weight and blood pressure as well.

control your life likes this.
  6. RollerCoaster

RollerCoaster Fapstronaut

What does PAWS mean?

Christian Fox likes this.
  7. Westsidejimmy

Yes the butterbur is PA free and I just found out about algae oil a week ago so I'm switching over.

8. Nicely done sir!
    If I'm not mistaken you were one of the commentators along with other fapstronauts who have big streaks showing support on the PAWS section before joining this forum. And I learned a lot from those posts to keep going through withdrawals which I still have but to a lesser extent.

Westsidejimmy likes this.
  9. Casey54

Casey54 Fapstronaut

Hey, great post brother, gives me motivation to keep going!

10. graymatter13

graymatter13 Fapstronaut

Great story man, benefits are awesome and it's stunning how you had no urges to click,
    Congrats!

11. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

Nice read , congrats and thank you

12. Mattew

Mattew Fapstronaut

Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms

13. I love your story. I once was there. I just want to warn you about 1 thing. The devil is truly never gone. It takes 1 bad moment, and the motherfucker is there again. I once made it to day 175, but 1 lousy moment destroyed quite a lot. So be aware of it at all times. You're doing good, keep up the great work.

14. Westsidejimmy

Yeah,

It was really weird for me to see an image and just have like almost zero response to it. In the past I would have had a chaser effect just from a psub for the entire day.

15. Westsidejimmy

One other bit of info I should add is that a couple of weeks ago some random guy sat down next to me at a bar where I was out with a buddy and started pushing his phone in my face with a bunch of P on it. I told him to put it away and if he wanted to destroy his life with that stuff it was his prerogative. He looked completely confused and continued. I paid my tab and left. I guess the gal working the bar later asked him not to come back. You have to be careful because other people will push their afflictions on you. Misery loves company.

Deleted Account, Mattew and PJT like this.
  16. mrneelix

mrneelix Fapstronaut

very inspiring