1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Almost 22 and beardless

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by HotToddy, Apr 5, 2018.

1. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

Does your dad have a beard

2. HotToddy

HotToddy Fapstronaut

I rarely see him, but he's always clean shaven. Saw him grow a smallish beard once and he had full coverage but it was kind of wispy, white and grey. So it looked funny to me.

I thought you're supposed to inherit most of your beard genes from your mother's father? We never knew him anyway so I'll never know.

3. I wish I could give you all my hair. I don't want a beard and I'm not fond of body hair. I'm tired of shaving!

4. HotToddy

HotToddy Fapstronaut

I'll take it!

5. I’m going to give you the same advice I did last year lol It’s all genetics, you just gotta be patient. Your beard hasn’t even reached half it’s potential.

6. HotToddy

HotToddy Fapstronaut

When you grow like 15-20 new hairs a year you can't help but be a little annoyed lol

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  7. El_Macho

El_Macho Fapstronaut

No one in my family can grow a beard, been on minoxidil for 9 months with wicked results, a lot of women love it!

8. HotToddy

HotToddy Fapstronaut

How old are you? Shouldn't really take it unless you're in your late 20s/early 30s and shoe very little hair follicle development. Also some pretty nasty side effects surrounding the heart.

9. sundaycoleson

sundaycoleson Fapstronaut

I'm also 22 and have similar problems with facial hair. But I know some people older than me who said they couldn't grow a beard until way later in their 20s so that made me think it could still happen. Also a lot of people say the more regularly you shave, the thicker it grows back. No idea if that's true so don't take my word for it, but it could be something to look into if you want it to be thicker?

10. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

Do you know when your dad could grow a beard. He's the best person to ask, since you've got his genes (assuming your not adopted).

11. El_Macho

El_Macho Fapstronaut

33 years old.

12. HotToddy

HotToddy Fapstronaut

First things first. Shaving does not make hair grow back quicker. Stubble is simply darker and blunted, giving an effect every time you shave and it starts to grow again.

I've also been growing my facial hair for a couple of months now and it's not as awful as I thought it'd be. Have some gaps and problem areas but hoping the growth with help cover these up.

13. 1978

1978 Fapstronaut

I'm exactly the same as you and I'm 40! People tend think I'm a lot younger. I've always looked young for my age.

The thing is, everyone's different, and if you're otherwise in good health then don't worry about it. It's just the way you are. And some women like a man with a baby face.

My best advice to you is to try not to let it get to you, and to try to take advantage of it. When you're 40 like me, it means you might be able to date women in their 20s.

HotToddy likes this.