1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My Voyage to Freedom!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by TheMuffinMan 2.0, Feb 10, 2015.

1. TheMuffinMan 2.0

TheMuffinMan 2.0 Fapstronaut

Hello fellow Fapstronauts,

I have been in and out of these forums for the last six months. I have tried many times at a successful reboot, but to no avail. My first account's username was "TheMuffinMan". My current username is the "TheMuffinMan 2.0". I made a new account because I believe I need a fresh start, an upgrade, a restart.

In my first introduction I did not fully explain my issues. So I have decided to retell my story.

Every since first grade I have been educated at home. I am currently fifteen and in tenth grade. This situation has both pros and cons, but regardless it means that at times I do have a good amount of time on my hands.

So one day, when I was between the ages of nine and ten, I discovered and started viewing P semi-regualarly. I continued to watch P during my preteen years. At times I would view P more, and at other times, I would view it less. This continued until sometime early in the 2014 season, when I discovered M. I added this to my ever-more-frequent P "sessions". The result was the start of a powerful addiction.

I also started playing videogames...A lot of video games. I built my own high powered PC and started playing, sometimes for hours on end. This too has become a problem in my life.

At that point, my life started to....fade for lack of a better word. My grades plumented and I remember cheating multiple times just to get my schoolwork over with. Needless to say, I fell even further behind in my studies; descisions which I now regret making. I played video games constantly, and just took a general disinterest in everything around me.

About a month ago, I told my parents of my P problem. It was a major turning point in my life. Too cut it short, we had a long discussion about addiction and other topics such as education and gaming. This is the point where I started to change...

So where does this leave me now? Well, I boxed up my PC until I can figure out what to do with it. Since I put so much time and money into it, I'd like to keep it but take a step back from gaming and use it for more creative purposes, such as music/video editing. Obviously I'm here and starting my reboot/healing process. I'm getting back into the Martial Arts and have started to learn Parkour. My grades have improved dramitically. I'm starting to think about what career I'll choose. I have also taken a summer job to fund my new various interests. In general, my life has completely changed from six months ago. Lastly, but most importantly to me, I have started praying and I believe that through my relationship with God, I can and will overcome this addiction.

I plan to start a journal soon, until then, farewell my friends!

TheMuffinMan 2.0

2. MadFarmer

MadFarmer Fapstronaut

Hi MuffinMan 2.0. That's a great story. I'm glad you're doing so well and enjoying the benefits of staying away from PMO. Keep it up! You're an inspiration.

3. db_dan

db_dan Fapstronaut

Hey, glad to hear your story! Its awesome to have parents that are supportive. And speaking as a software engineer - you can put that computer to good use by getting into programming ;)

All the best, and good luck in recovery. It is awesome to be on the right track so young.

4. TheMuffinMan 2.0

TheMuffinMan 2.0 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the supportive comments!