1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

New fapstronaut aboard

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Hello everyone! 22 yo man joining NoFap here.

I knew about this community in 2018, after I tried getting rid of PMO by my own and searched about it. I did a great progress last year, alone, nevertheless not having people to talk seriously about it was frustrating. So I decided that, using the beginning of 2019 as a pretext, I’m going to left PMO once and for all with the help of the NoFap platform.

There are some details I would like to clarify about my objectives and my way of seeing all this stuff to give some context, but I think that I would write about it when I start my journal.

Just one thing: 2 years ago the most I abstained from PMO was 6 days, it was a big accomplishment at that moment (I didn’t want to left PMO, just diminish the frequency), and last year I achieved some good streaks, abstaining during several weeks. My best streak was 60 days.

By the way, I’m Spanish, so don’t get mad if I misspell something :p

Good luck to everyone!

Hros likes this.
  2. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Welcome to the site and good luck!

3. Welcome, and good luck with your journey! I know you will soon have a longer streak with help from this community. There are lots of helpful people and posts on this site. Praying for your success!

4. What is your motivation for wanting to quit? it often helps to have some good reasons (not that quitting isn't good in itself) but I have found that having 2 or 3 reasons helps to focus and making small achievable goals is helpful too.

For me, 1 reason is i want to grow mentally and spiritually, another reason is i don't want to contribute any more to an industry that is harmful.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. OptimusPehla

OptimusPehla Fapstronaut

Hey and welcome to the NoFap community! I'm so thrilled that you've joined us because you've added the final and most important bit to your recovery which is Connection. Most people in life go through 1. Awareness 2. Plan 3. Action 4. Review whilst missing the key ingredient which you have now embarked on this year. I've found with connection, I am more accountable, more honest and more sincere about my journey.

1. Awareness
    2. Connection
    3. Plan
    4. Action
    5. Review

Wish you all the best for the year ahead and praying for your success!

6. I could write about it my journal, in fact, I will do it. One good reason is that I want to clean my mind, stop watching girls and just seeing them as bodies and think about sex.

Thank you both!